Cellu-Sculpt – At A Glance
Cellu-Sculpt Anti-Cellulite Slimming Treatment, a multi-tasking, cellulite reducing cream, is produced and manufactured by the Avon Solutions brand of Avon, the 120 year old world leader in lipsticks, fragrance and anti-aging skincare products. Founded in the 1800′s, this billion dollar industry markets to women in over 140 countries, and has a reputation for providing women with life- and income- enhancing opportunities through both the use of the products, and the career opportunities of the famed “Avon Lady”.
First introduced in 2003, Cellu-Sculpt, a self-proclaimed breath through cellulite cream, has been reintroduced with a new “herbaceious floral” scent. As a cellulite reducing product,Cellu-Sculpt targets firmness, dimpling and texture with a multi-pronged patent-pending technology that unfortunately is not explained at all.
Cellu-Sculpt – Facts
The Avon Solutions brand under the large Avon umbrella, reintroducedCellu-Sculpt after several years in a reformulation that offers a new scent. The product contains several invigorating natural core ingredients including Gingko Biloba, Chaihu and Ginseng. While these are all stimulating substances that seem to have an impact on the appearance of skin’s firmness, much as caffeine does, there is no explanation available on the official website to define any of the ingredients’ roll in cellulite reduction. There is some confusion about the name of Avon’s anti-cellulite cream and it appears that the reintroducedCellu-Sculpt , may also have been renamed Super Shape, as when Cellu-Sculpt is searched on the Avon site, Super Shape is presented with similar packaging, pricing, and claims. Avon products are only available through an authorized Avon representative which may inhibit some users from an impulse purchase..
Very limited product ingredients are listed on the manufacturer’s website..
Cellu-Sculpt – Positive Features
- Avon is a leading skincare and cosmetics organization known worldwide.
- No animal testing on any Avon products.
- Product safety is vigilantly monitored.
- Very affordable at $16 for a 6.7 oz. tube.
- User endorsements are available for Super Shape Anti-Cellulite & Stretch Mark Cream which appears to be the same product at Super Sculpt.
Cellu-Sculpt – Negative Features
- No product ingredient info is given.
- Product name confusion may turn some users away.
- No free product sample is offered.
- Diversity of products available from Avon might some users the sense that the research and development focus is not devoted to serious cellulite treatment.
Cellu-Sculpt – Conclusion
Cellu-Sculpt by Avon is a challenging product to find any real details about. Aside from three fairly innocuous ingredients mentioned, there is no attention given to the development of the formulation and why it does what the literature says it does. Given its lower than market-standard price and consumer’s comfort level with the safety of Avon products, users may give the product a try with few apprehensions.