Dr. Brandt Laser Lightening Overview
The seed for a 20-year dermatological career that would produce several books, numerous professional papers and in-depth research studies took root with a passion for skincare that ignited during a leukemia research and treatment project at New York’s Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.
Dr. Fredric Brandt sought to develop a skincare line that combined dermatological science with the use of vitamins and eastern botanicals. His mission is based on allowing clients to “take the doctor home with you”. With biodegradable packaging containing highly effective product achieved without animal testing, the line’s purpose is to repair and prevent skin damage while increasing health and beauty.
The Dr Brandt Skincare.com website has the classic black and white fashion color scheme with neon pink accents. With a menu bar across the top and down the left and right sides, information about Dr. Brandt and his products are easy to find.
The website’s product pages are a wealth of information including a product photo, price, and key ingredients. Instead of testimonials, the site references magazine articles that are product specific. In addition to instructions, benefits, and doctor’s tips, the option for more in-depth ingredient information and add-on recommendations is also available. Dr. Brandt’s website attempts to provide much of the information needed to make a purposeful buying decision.
Dr. Brandt Laser Lightening – Product Description
Within the skin condition category, Dr. Brandt hosts a full line dedicated to skin discoloration and hyper pigmentation. Ranging from $45 to $110, this skincare line provides a product for every step required for optimal skin maintenance.
As the line’s bestseller, Dr. Brandt’s Laser Lightning Serum at a cost of $110, effectively targets UV damage and reverses the markers of photo aging. It is designed to fade freckles, even skin tone as well as minimize the appearance of dark spots. The serum inhibits melanin production through its anti-aging melablocking system.
Instructed for use day and night, the product may cause dryness despite the absence of hydroquinone, a popular melanin inhibitor known for drying the skin. Other than magazine reviews, no testimonials exist on the Dr. Brandt website. However, an overwhelming majority of third-party reviews were positive.
Dr. Brandt Laser Lightening Advantage
- The Dr. Brandt Skincare website shows in-depth product pages with a full ingredient listing and glossary.
- The lightning serum appears to be a bestseller both on the website and through third-party retailers.
- Dr. Brandt’s hyper pigmentation skincare category offers a full line of products to maximize results.
- The lightning serum uses melanin-blocking technology without the use of hydroquinone, which is often very drying for the skin.
Dr. Brandt Laser Lightening – Drawbacks
- Dr. Brandt’s price for his Laser Lightning Serum may be cost prohibitive for some.
- The media recommendation provided on the product page just suggests the product for use and doesn’t provide any clinical evidence or testimonials to support the suggestion.
- Much like a woman’s age, the timeline for the development of Dr. Brandt skincare is a closely held secret.
Dr. Brandt Laser Lightening – The Bottom Line
Fashion magazine endorsements aside, Dr. Brandt does possess a variety of credentials that support his ability to develop an effective skincare line. The website’s use of in-depth product information as well as a definition of terms eases a potential customer’s skepticism. While the product price points do diminish the possibility of impulse purchases, Dr. Brandt does provide a 60-day return policy. Dr. Brandt’s Lightning Serum appears to be a popular antidote to hyperpigmentation; however, as with most of these type products, measurable results are difficult without reference to the starting point of the discoloration being treated.