Dr. Perricone Eye Area Therapy Overview
Conceived by a unique philosophy and approach to skincare, NV Perricone, MD Cosmeceuticals has become renowned in the skincare industry. Established in 1997, the Connecticut-based company carries the wisdom and namesake of its CEO, Nicholas Perricone, M.D., FACN, an honors graduate and board certified clinical and research dermatologist. With a Yale medical school internship and a Ford Medical Center residency to his credit, the doctor has been christened “Father of the Inflammation Theory of Aging“.
As discussed in several of his books, the doctor’s view on aging is not addressed like a normal life progression. Instead Dr. Perricone’s website states, “Wrinkled, sagging skin is not the inevitable result of growing older. It is a disease and you can fight it.” Arming his clients for the fight, Dr. Perricone uses a three-tiered approach focusing on aging from the inside out as well as the outside in.
- Tier One–Nutrition: The Anti-Inflammatory Diet includes lots of fresh fruits, vegetables and protein plus a high intake of Omega acids, 8-10 glasses of water and anti-oxidant rich beverages.
- Tier Two–Nutritional Supplements: Besides the usual vitamin recommendations i.e. B-complex, Vitamin E and so forth, nutritional supplements containing antioxidant properties that provide natural anti-inflammatory benefits, including Alpha Lipoic Acid, DMAE–an amino acid and CQ-10 are suggested.
- Tier Three–Topical Anti-Inflammatories: Dr. Perricone’s research indicates using some of the nutritional supplements described above in a topical enhances the overall health of the skin. In addition, neuropeptides and olive oil polyphenols are some of the extra ingredients suggested for increased effectiveness.
Similar to many other cosmeceutical websites, Perriconemd.com focuses on the medical side of the formula with prescription-like product labels and a clean website color-scheme. Whether shopping by category or looking for supporting information, easy navigation leads visitors to the face behind the company, the science that bolsters it effectiveness, the recommended nutrition and the results. The Results tab clearly delineates the clinical studies, testimonials and case studies.
Dr. Perricone Eye Area Therapy - Product Description
The Perricone product line covers every area of the face and body as well as attending to the unique needs of men’s faces. Specifically for the eyes, Perricone MD offers the Advanced Eye Area Therapy in a serum or an all-in-one lotion. Designed to address the aging symptoms that impact the eyes, the eye therapy targets puffiness, dark circles, fine lines, wrinkles and discoloration. At $95 for a half ounce, the product includes Alpha Lipoic Acid, DMAE and Vitamin Ester C as its key ingredients.
As for third party reviews, the results were mixed. Most gave the eye therapy a mid to high rating while only a few rated it very low.
Dr. Perricone Eye Area Therapy Advantage
- The website, designed to educate and influence, provides clinical research and case studies.
- Perricone MD offers a full skincare line for men and women.
- Perricone’s approach to fighting aging like a disease is unique and moves away from the quick fix.
Dr. Perricone Eye Area Therapy - Drawbacks
- The price point can be prohibitive for some.
- Reviews were mixed. Some really loved it while others felt the product was ineffective.
Dr. Perricone Eye Area Therapy - The Bottomline
Dr. Perricone’s credentials, book credits and research instill much confidence in his ability to make effective anti-aging products. His unique approach of incorporating a nutritional component to the skincare regimen, reminds clients that youthful skin isn’t just about appearance, it’s about healthy skin as well. Those subscribing to the belief that what you put in the body is reflected in the skin’s appearance may find Dr. Perricone’s products to be just what the doctor ordered.