Duac Topical Gel Overview
The topical acne product being reviewed is, DuacTopical Gel , by Stiefel Laboratories. The product’s manufacturer claims that their product targets inflammatory acne lesions (or pimples) to help acne lesions heal. Stiefel Laboratories, the manufacturer of DuacTopical Gel, claim the product contains gentle moisturizers to help minimize irritation and dryness.
DuacTopical Gel can not be purchased from online retailers because it has to be prescribed by a physician. The manufacturer’s website assists visitors with locating a physician who can provide potential consumers with a consultation.
The product’s website is informative and easy to navigate. It offers visitors interesting features like a dermatologist discussion tool. The tool is designed to help consumers talk to their dermatologist about their skincare concerns.
Duac Topical Gel - Product Description
According to Stiefel Laboratories, the product’s manufacture, their product’s active ingredients are benzoyl peroxide, which kills acne and Clindamycin an topical antibiotic.
The product is formed with a 5% concentration. Benzoyl peroxide is effective in combating acne. Because it works as a peeling agent, which increases skin turnover and the of clearing of skin pores, which results in the reduction of the bacteria count. In addition the benzoyl peroxide works well as an antibacterial.
Jack Breitbart of Revlon laboratories first developed benzoyl peroxide in the 1920s. It is typically placed over the affected areas in gel or cream form, in concentrations of 2.5%. The elevated concentration of benzoyl peroxide should be cautioned. It maybe less effective for people using it after the skin has learned to tolerate the concentration. However, it is not recommended to use in higher concentrations of 2.5%
The product’s 5% concentration, makes it too strong to use daily, and people with sensitive, or dry skin should use caution, because the elevated concentration of benzoyl peroxide can cause adverse side effects like; burning or irritation.
Duac Topical Gel Advantage
- The product contains benzoyl peroxide to kill bacteria that cause acne.
- The product includes clindamycin for its anti bacterial properties.
- The product is prescription strength.
- The product is formulated for consumers with severe acne.
- The website helps visitors locate a physician.
- The products website was easy to navigate and engaging.
Duac Topical Gel - Drawbacks
- The product uses 5% concentration of benzoyl peroxide, which is more than 2.5% concentration that is recommended by the industry.
- The high concentration of benzoyl peroxide can cause harsh side affects like burning and extreme drying.
- The product’s website does not stipulate any money back guarantees.
- The product is expensive.
- The product contains the same concentration of salicylic acid as less expensive drug store brands.
Duac Topical Gel – The Bottom Line
In conclusion, Duac Topical Gel is only for consumers looking for a solution for severe acne. The product has to be prescribed by a physician. The Treatment is much more expensive than similar products that use the same concentration of benzoyl peroxide on the products active ingredients. However the use of Clindamycin as an antibiotic makes the product more effective than other Acne products with the same concentration of benzoyl peroxide.