I.Q. Cosmetics Life Without Winkles Overview
While the company’s developmental statistics for IQ Derma, the company behind the IQ Cosmetics brand was not found, a brief company history was provided. IQ Derma was built in response to Elizabeth Francis’ perceived absence of effective skincare products in the industry. A pretty broad claim to make, the founder along with the help of researchers, formulators and beauty subject matter experts worked to identify “the 7 invisible signs of aging skin” in order to hone in on specific age-related corrective ingredients or “intelligent ingredients” that are designed to address skin aging issues.
The collaboration identified the seven age-related invisible signs as follows:
- Reduction of the body’s cell activity.
- Attacks from free radical particles.
- The weakening of collagen and elastin structures.
- The increase of fatty tissue around thinning skin which equate to puffiness and bags.
- Cell damage due to the sun and other environmental factors.
- The weakening of the blood’s roadways or capillaries.
- The breakdown of the skin’s moisture barrier.
It is the delay and reduction of these natural occurring effects that improve skin health and restore a youthful appearance. IQ Derma incorporates up to five of the seven intelligent ingredients needed to accomplish this goal.
Sporting a gray and white background with blue accents, the IQDerma.com website models the typical cosmeceuitcal atmosphere. The white and red product packaging provides a nice contrast to the website. Very simply, the website provides links to the company’s mission, Skin Education, the science behind IQ and the shopping page. Below the site’s flash product feature are links to user comments, newsletter subscriptions and a full product listing.
The IQ Science tab links visitors to the research & development, quantitative data, definition of “intelligent ingredients”, and the multi-active approach which discusses the combination of multiple IQ products to achieve results.
I.Q. Cosmetics Life Without Winkles – Product Description
In an effort to combat IQ’s seven identified invisible signs of aging, the company develops its full skin and body care line around the intelligent ingredients naturally designed to aid in the fight. These key ingredients, not all exclusive to IQ Derma, include Argireline, Bio-Oil HSBL, Dermaxyl, Eyeliss, GABA, Grant-x, Haloxyl, Hyaluronic Acid, Marine Collagen-filling Mircrospheres, Matrixyl 3000, Maxi-Lip, and Vitamins A&E. The company’s approach is that each product must contain at up to five of these elements to have an impact on the seven invisible signs of aging.
IQ’s answer to the most common visible sign of aging is its Life Without Wrinkles Intensive Wrinkle DeCrease cream. At $45, the cream incorporates Matrixyl 3000, Vitamin E and an SPF of 25, to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, restore the skin’s texture and tone while replenishing moisture.
Third-party reviews of the product were highly favorable.
I.Q. Cosmetics Life Without Winkles Advantage
- IQ Derma focuses on the essential skin-aging culprits.
- Life Without Wrinkles Intensive Wrinkle Cream carries rave reviews.
- The IQ Derma website provides in-depth quantitative research data.
I.Q. Cosmetics Life Without Winkles – Drawbacks
- While third-party reviews were near perfect, there were not many available.
- Result photos were not provided.
- Only two of the seven intelligent ingredients that stand as IQ’s powerful foundation are used in Life Without Wrinkles Intensive Wrinkle DeCrease cream.
I.Q. Cosmetics Life Without Winkles – The Bottomline
IQ Derma’s positive reviews and detailed clinical trial results foster a great deal of product and brand confidence. However, IQ’s minimal use of its “intelligent ingredients” in its Life Without Wrinkles Intensive Wrinkle DeCrease product is speculative. For those seeking a product that targets the mechanical, environmental and intrinsic causes of aging may be pleased to find it in one product.