Even though traditional liposuction is normally considered to be a more efficient method in treating cellulite and other cosmetic conditions, the merits of the versatile laser lipolysis procedure lie in its relatively low down time, greater safety as well as modest cost in comparison with many other Anti-Cellulite Treatment methods.
What is Laser Lipolysis?
Laser lipolysis (also known as ‘laserlipolisi’) is a minimally invasive technique designed to destroy fat cells and various skin conditions including cellulite. Unquestionably less invasive than liposuction, this laser-assisted, advanced liposculpture technique – primarily intended for body contouring purposes – is finding increasing use in the field of anti-cellulite treatments.
Laser lipolysis is evidently more versatile than the liposuction method for the very fact that it can be employed to melt small fatty deposits in areas that are not normally accessible through liposuction. Another major advantage of lipolysis is that the procedure can cause very marginal pain and just about no loss of blood in comparison with the conventional liposuction process.
How Does Laser Lipolysis Remove Cellulite?
The lipolysis procedure entails insertion of a fine laser-emitting fiber (its diameter being as thin as 1.0 mm) into the cellulite-affected area of accumulated fat after application of a local anesthetic material. The tiny fiber is introduced underneath the skin with an 18 gauge needle.
The fiber effectively breaks up the membranes of the cellulite-affected fat cells and the collagen septa with laser energy and melts the solid fat into a liquefied, oily substance. This liquefied fat is slowly absorbed or expelled by the body naturally, or is drawn out through suction, thereby flattening the cellulite dimpling.
The laser also works on the skin surface to facilitate the process of reducing cellulite as well as smoothing out the dimpled area. Use of the tiny laser emitting fine fiber, results in the so-called minimally invasive use of the laser lipolysis procedure achieve its intended goal – whether it is the removal of cellulite or the liposculpture process undertaken for body contouring.
Advantages of Laser Lipolysis over Liposuction
- Laser lipolysis is a much more advanced and minimally invasive anti-cellulite procedure in comparison to traditional liposuction.
- The procedure can access multiple areas in one sitting – even areas that are not accessible through liposuction.
- Laser lipolysis does not need to be performed in an operation theater. One can get his cellulite reduced as an outpatient.
- Time required for recovery for this cellulite removal procedure is minimal. A positive effect can be apparently seen after a single treatment while result is seen only after a few weeks. A person can return back to his work on the same day after going through the unique Anti-Cellulite Treatment.
- Almost no blood loss is involved in the laser lipolysis procedure while working on the cellulite-affected fatty tissues.
- The excess fat removed through the procedure gradually wastes itself inside the body.
- No major dressing is required subsequent to the procedure except a small bandage at the tiny entry point.
- Laser lipolysis does not give rise to any serious side effects, except minor bruising, inflammation, tenderness, or slight swelling that take at most a week to subside.
- Cost of laser lipolysis is very nominal in relation to the high cost of anti-cellulite liposuction.
In addition to the above, laser lipolysis also helps to tighten the skin as the excess fat is being neutralized, which is not normally feasible in a traditional liposuction process. Because of its physical contact with the affected tissues in the subcutaneous layer under the skin, laser lipolysis is also deemed to be more effective than other laser procedures using penetration of light through the skin (the transdermal method) to treat conditions such as cellulite.