So what are cellulite’s? Cellulite’s are fat deposits on the connective tissue of the skin. This results to the grainy “cottage cheese” look that is dreaded by every man and woman. This is often found on specific areas of the body such as the buttocks, thighs, arms, etc.
Cellulite is classified using three grades. Grade 1 classification has no visible symptoms; it can only be detected by microscopic examination. Grade 2 classification is when the skin appears pale and has decreased elasticity. The Grade 3 classification is when there are already visible bumps or roughness of the skin. Cellulite occurs more commonly in women due to the presence of specific types of fat and connective tissue in their bodies.
Five Top Causes of Cellulite
It is important to know the causes of cellulite in order to prevent its development. Although the causes of cellulite are still not very clear, some factors are associated with having this condition.
- Hormones are known to play an important role in the development of cellulite. Scientists believe that insulin, estrogen, thyroid hormones and nor-adrenaline are vital in the process of cellulite production.
- Yes, you can blame it on your genes. If a person has cellulite, his or her children could possibly have the same condition.
- Diet is one of the most significant causes that can be avoided. People who eat too much fat and carbohydrates tend to store more fat and this often results to cellulite production.
- Lifestyle factors can also cause cellulite development. Having a sedentary lifestyle, sitting and standing for long periods of time and smoking can cause the development of cellulite.
- Tight clothing like underwear which limits blood flow is also believed to cause the formation of cellulite.
How to Prevent and Get Rid of Cellulite
The most important factors that can significantly minimize or eliminate cellulite are having a proper diet and exercising. High fat food must be minimized or totally avoided. Carbohydrate intake should also be limited especially during night time.
Eating natural food like fruits and vegetables is very important. The fiber in these foods is known to prevent cellulite production. Junk food should also be avoided because of the high sodium and additive content. Drinking water is strongly recommended. Apart from getting sufficient hydration, it is believed to help break down cellulite.
Exercise also plays a great role in preventing and getting rid of cellulite. Decreasing bodyweight to the normal range is important. Cardiovascular exercise and weight training are both important when it comes to getting rid of cellulite. A good combination of both types of exercise is the key to losing weight and breaking down cellulite.