SmartLipo could well turnout to be the right choice to treat your cellulite condition. All the same, talk to your doctor about the suitability of the method to reduce your cellulite. Do not also forget to follow that strict regimen of a balanced diet and adequate workouts irrespective of the Anti-Cellulite Treatment method you or your doctor choose to combat your condition.
What Exactly Is SmartLipo?
SmartLipo, which is one of the newer fat reduction techniques, is known to effectively remove cellulite. This procedure is also referred to as laser liposuction, laser lipo or lunchtime lipo – all of them following an identical procedure – was initially devised in Europe.
SmartLipo has been in use in Europe, South America as well as in Asia for almost a decade or so as an anti-cellulite treatment method. The procedure is believed to have been accorded FDA approval for use in the United States of America for fat and cellulite reduction.
How Is SmartLipo Carried Out?
SmartLipo entails the use of a laser in to treat cellulite conditions. Hospital admission is not mandatory as this simple procedure can be carried out in the outpatient’s department or in the doctor’s office. There are also no requirements of administering any general anesthesia for removal or reduction of fat/cellulite.
The SmartLipo anti-cellulite treatment procedure is undertaken in the following sequence:
- A local anesthesia is first applied to desensitize the cellulite-affected area.
- A thin laser fiber – of 1.00 to 2.00 mm in diameter – is placed inside a tiny steel tube known as a ‘cannula’.
- The cannula is then inserted through the cellulite afflicted skin surface into the subcutaneous layer.
- The cannula is moved up and down repeatedly to generate sufficient laser energy that breaks up the enlarged fat cells.
- The broken fats dissolve into a liquefied state.
- The liquefied fat is driven out of the body as a natural waste.
The laser also aids in enhanced reproduction of collagens, which tightens and rejuvenate the skin. One SmartLipo treatment takes about 30 to 45 minutes. The final result can be seen after a period of six to eight weeks. The number of treatments required to be taken will depend on the extent of dimpled skin, severity of the Cellulite and the healing pattern.
Risks and Side Effects
The minimally invasive procedure results in negligible bleeding as the small blood vessels get effectively coagulated when in contact with laser. The instances of swelling are also very marginal for similar reasons.
There are no substantial side effects except minor bruising and swelling, which take about a week to subside. Instances of minor infection or haematoma may occur immediately after the procedure. Possibility of some kind of minor scarring can not be ruled out in the long term.
Persons of the following kind should not opt for this procedure:
Persons with history of heart attack as well as severe kidney or liver conditions.
- Obese persons.
- Pregnant women.
- Breastfeeding postnatal mothers.
- People on anti-coagulants.
- Persons with an infection in the cellulite-affected skin.
The cost will again depend on the size of the cellulite-affected area. A single treatment varies anywhere between $3000 and $4000.