The presence of under eyes dark circles is no longer a facial imperfection but a nuisance to the mind. It may cause depression and insecurity. At some point, the sufferer sees herself as unattractive, loses her self confidence, and finds it uncomfortable to socialize. Dark circles under the eyes can alter a person’s personality and outlook in life. Yes, this problem seems petty but can be extremely annoying in the long run.
So What Can Cause Under Eyes Dark Circles?
Have you ever wondered how dark circles under the eyes are formed? How come your friend can party all night yet still maintain a healthy, beautiful set of eyes? And how come you are suffering from “raccoon eyes” whether you are well-rested or not?
It is a common notion that sleep deprivation causes puffy eyes and dark circles. Yes it seems reasonable but the truth is, getting not enough sleep is not always the culprit. Most cases may be due to how you sleep.
- When the head is not slightly raised while sleeping, in other words, when you’re not using a pillow, fluids will accumulate and have the veins dilated. Water retention makes the lower lids look swollen and dark. Additionally, be sure to observe your sodium intake and keep your body hydrated.
- Nasal congestion can greatly contribute to under eyes dark circles. It causes the veins located under the eyes to dilate. Food and nasal allergies commonly lead to dark circles so it is best to identify the allergens that must be avoided. In some cases, anemia may also cause dark circles.
- Sun exposure may worsen the condition of under eye discoloration. Use all-natural sunscreen that is specifically created for sensitive eye areas.
- Heredity is to blame at some point. If under eyes dark circles run in the family, well, accept your fate and focus on the remedies available to correct those “raccoon eyes”.
- Aging is an unavoidable factor that causes dark and puffy eyelids. The skin around the eyes is looser and thinner than skin on other parts of the body. Due to aging, it turns to decrease its elasticity and becomes even thinner, which allow fluid to collect. The dark appearance is caused by visible veins under the skin.
Dark circles under the eyes can be corrected using wide range of skin care products, natural remedies and cosmetic surgery. Clinically proven safe and effective eye creams for dark circles can provide you the ideal combination of active ingredients to achieve firm and toned skin under the eyes.