The 10 Best Anti-Aging Organic Moisturizers
Helping your skin reach its best state ever can be a tricky undertaking. You must already know that fact by now. There exists an ocean of every skincare product available out there, including the most basic of them all, moisturizers.
Recently, skincare specialists and consumers alike are rediscovering the power of nature, and if you’ve been recently converted, be guided by this list of 10 of the best natural ingredients to look for in organic moisturizers:
1. Coconut Oil. This oil contains a healthy combination of fats, proteins, Vitamin E, and natural components that act as antiseptic and antimicrobial ingredients. In effect, it not only moisturizes skin but also keeps it disinfected.
2. Olive Oil. This ingredient not only helps heal skin so it can lock in moisture longer but also floods the skin with Vitamin E and other powerful and rare antioxidants that protect it from damage caused by free radicals and UV.
3. Honey. Known for its natural humectant and antibacterial properties, moisturizers that contain this ingredient will help restore your skin’s dull, lifeless complexion.
4. Tea Tree Oil. Countless studies have supported the power of this natural ingredient to heal damaged skin, from something as common as acne and acne marks, to as complicated as congenital skin diseases like psoriasis. It therefore will be a good ally in keeping your skin clean, clear and rid of impurities.
5. Aloe Vera. There’s no doubt about how the sap of this plant is a viable treatment for damages on the skin matrix. It only happens to be the most trusted ingredient in helping regenerate the skin of severely burned patients. So, used daily, it should support the appearance of healthier skin.
6. Argan Oil. This consists of rare antioxidants, Vitamin E, Vitamin A and squalene, which helps stimulate faster skin recovery from damage and immediate skin cell turnover.
7. Almond Oil
This ingredient can be specially beneficial for ageing skin and skin that is often subjected to the sun and other damaging environmental factors. That’s because it contains high levels of antioxidants and natural anti-inflammatories. Its healing properties help skin keep the moisture in.
8. Castor Oil. It has been a household name for countless generations past and remains to be one of the most versatile home remedies you can find in any home. Other than giving immediate relief to certain medical discomforts, it is also laden with anti-inflammatories and antimicrobial ingredients that help keep skin clear from marks and dark spots.
9. Avocado Oil. It contains Omega-3 fatty acids and loaded with antioxidants that work just as well on skin whether ingested or topically applied.
10. Shea Butter. It has deep moisturizing properties that can be credited to the natural oils produced by your skin, plus it is also rich in Vitamin A.
The next time you reach for a new cream to try, try one that contains any one of these ingredients but also examine the rest of the formulation.