3 best and 4 worst Eye Creams
Eye creams are invaluable if you want to delay skin aging or diminish problematic aging signs in the eye area. However, not all eye creams are created equal; there are many effective anti-aging eye creams out there that don’t really work. What is more alarming is that some products can cause adverse reactions and even worsen the problem. Here are the best and worst eye creams on the market.
Worst Eye Cream: Physicians Formula Hydrating Eye Cream
If you think there is no harm in trying something that is very, very affordable then this will totally change your perspective. It boasts using the power of provitamin B5 to fight skin aging and rejuvenate the skin. Some reviewers say it causes a stinging sensation that it unbearable to some people. There are also others who have developed red bumps and an increase in skin dryness. Most reviews say it doesn’t really offer any benefits. The less than $5 price tag may be appealing at first but make sure to read the reviews from customers before trying this one.
Best Eye Cream: Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair
Teamine Eye Complex is a specially formulated age-defying Eye Cream formula that is made to specifically tackle multiple signs of visible skin aging appearing around the eye area. Teamine Eye Complex ingredients includes Tetrahexyldecyl Sscorbate , Vitis Vinifera etc. which reduces dark circle and puffy skin.
Worst Eye Cream: Juice Beauty Nutrient Eye Cream
This is one of the worst purchases you could ever make. It promises everything from smoothing fine lines with the power of peptides to defying aging using key ingredients such as coenzyme Q10 and DMAE. However, most feedback on the product is negative saying it is not special in any way and the formula doesn’t really deliver any benefits. Some people even experienced skin irritation from the formula so it may contain harmful additives.
Best Eye Cream: Solvaderm Eyevage
If you want a professional strength anti-aging eye rejuvenation treatment, Eyevage is a product that should be on top of your list. It is from an up-and-coming skincare company that is quickly becoming known for powerful anti-aging products. The eye cream is perfect for mature or problem skin, coming in a quick-absorbing formula that targets all skin aging signs in the delicate eye area. It also uses the power of antioxidants to slow down the development of skin aging signs significantly.
Worst Eye Cream: Jurlique Recovery Eye Cream
It claims to use flower extracts to soothe tired eyes but most people who have tried it say it isn’t really effective. There are also bad reviews due to the nasty smell of the eye cream.
Best Eye Cream: Fresh Black Tea Age-Delay Eye Cream
It contains natural extracts including noni fruit juice, black tea and blackberry leaf extract to improve the appearance of aging skin. It boosts skin elasticity while offering thorough hydration in order to slow down the skin aging process and delay the appearance of aging signs. There are several websites offering this affordable anti-aging formulation. It is surely worth a try if you need something to diminish fine lines or prevent aging signs from appearing.
Worst Eye Cream: Revision D.E.J. Eye Cream
This eye cream is not very effective according to many people who have tried it. The bigger problem is the risk of causing skin irritation and other adverse reactions which many users experienced. This is unacceptable considering the price of the product at about $70.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.