3rd Rock SPF Review: Is It Really Effective?
3rd rock SPF 35+ Introduction
3rd rock SPF 35+, US $24.95 for a 3.5 oz. bottle, is a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen that uses only Zinc Oxide, a mineral sunscreen, as its active sunscreen ingredient.
What Does 3rd rock SPF 35+ Claim
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated and designed to deliver the following health and beauty benefits for your skin:
- Provide your skin with potent UVA/UVB protection that, unlike chemical sunscreens, will never compromise your overall health and well-being
- Deliver an alkaline formula that helps protect you from developing skin cancers
- Boost your skin’s antioxidant levels to amp up your UV protection as well as help neutralize free radical damage
3rd rock SPF 35+ Manufacturer’s Detail
HoneyColony is the company that formulated this product. It is a company committed to product safety and transparency, bringing back real concern for real people when it comes to skin care.
Working of 3rd rock SPF 35+
This product works by using a mineral sunscreen active to safely but highly effectively block out the sun’s UVA and UVB rays from reaching your skin and causing damage, including skin cancers.
3rd rock SPF 35+ Ingredients
- Zinc oxide (23.5%): a mineral sunscreen which creates a physical barrier between the sun and your skin
- Gamma oryzanol: Delivers healing and relief from damage caused by harmful UV rays, this ingredient also lightens darkened skin caused by sunburn
- Olive Fruit Oil: Rich in a wide variety of antioxidants to aid in protecting your skin from damage, it also boosts your skin’s moisture content
- L-arginine: Stretches back your skin to make wrinkles and fine lines appear less noticeable, it works by relaxing the muscles underneath your skin
- Aloe: Improves skin healing, it provides support to your skin’s natural healing and rejuvenation mechanisms to speed up the restoration of your skin’s optimal health and renew it when there’s need
- Rosemary Oil: Has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that helps relieve your skin from irritation
- Vitamins C and E: Powerful antioxidants, these also work together to reawaken your skin cells and encourage these to pump more energy into your system to help restore the optimal level of functionality of your skin’s various mechanisms for repair and rejuvenation
3rd rock SPF 35+ Pros
- This product does not have toxins in the formulation, and does not include estrogen disrupting chemicals like parabens which can get in the way of your otherwise normal cell functions.
- The manufacturer guarantees that all ingredients are stable and should not be expected to degrade nor react with each other and cause reactions to your skin.
3rd rock SPF 35+ Cons
- There are several botanical components that some people may find irritating, depending on their allergy history.
- 3rd rock SPF 35+ reviews posted by users indicate that this product may have a scent that will not please you, most especially when you are trying to avoid fragrances in your skin care products
3rd rock SPF 35+ Side Effects
Despite this product’s relatively “cleaner” formulation, there is a risk for skin irritations due to several botanical components in this product, including natural fragrances, which depends on your history of allergic reactions to these ingredients.
3rd rock SPF 35+ must be generously applied every morning before you step out into the sun. Make sure to reapply every 2 to 3 hours throughout the day or, after sweating profusely or getting your skin wet.
3rd rock SPF 35+ reviews
- “This actually made me break out so much. I have been suffering from cystic acne for half a year due to this…It smells really strong like oily vegetables. It gives the effect of foundation (I’m olive). I am so sad after this ruined my face and have been working hard to get it back to how it was …” — Tara on Amazon
- “This is – literally – the only product that I have found that I can use on my face which doesn’t burn, sting, or exacerbate my rosacea. Actually, to be honest, distilled water also works, but it doesn’t moisturize, which is critical for getting a rosacea flare to calm down. Also, I love the smell!” — Dejongaj
3rd rock SPF 35+ has =an alkaline nature which is not expected to impede with normal endocrine functions nor put you at risk for cancer. It has several other great qualities but most of all, it should be judged on potency of its sunscreen which is good but, which may not be suitable for everyone or, for every activity that you have scheduled.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Sunscreens
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."