6 Best Food for Hair Growth—Get Shiny, Beautiful Hair Naturally!
When looking for food that helps in the process of hair growth, it is very important to know the nutrients, vitamins and minerals that are essential in the process of growing hair. Turning to natural and organic solutions instead of using prescription drugs and chemicals is the best option. This is because natural and organic products are safer and more effective in fighting thinning hair. Here is a list of the best food for hair growth:
- Fish – fish contains essential fatty acids and fish oil which make the hair strands stronger. In most cases, thinning hair is caused by hair breakage or hair fallout due to weakness of hair strands. Salmon and tuna are well-known as the best food for hair growth aside from the benefits to the heart.
- Almonds – almonds contain high levels of iron, vitamin E and protein which are important for healthy hair growth. The “good fats” in almonds also contribute to having strong and healthy hair. Vitamin E is one of the most important vitamins for healthy hair growth.
- Whole wheat grains – this is one of the best natural sources of silica and iron. Silica helps the body absorb vitamins and minerals while iron is imperative in the hair growth process.
- Orange and other citrus fruits – these contain high levels of vitamin C which is one of the essential vitamins in the process of healthy hair growth. Vitamin C is responsible for the production of collagen which is a very important part of hair formation. This is why foods high in vitamin C are among the best food for hair growth.
- High protein foods – protein is very important in the development of nails and skin. Some of the best sources are brewer’s yeast, eggs, fish, beans and yogurt.
- Green leafy vegetabless – these are good sources of vitamin A and C which are very important in the process of hair growth. Vegetables also help the body create natural oil which protects the hair from damage. This natural oil also prevents the hair from becoming brittle and breaking.
Take note of the food for hair growth stated above and make sure to include them in your diet. Eating healthy and having a balanced diet is very important in having healthy hair and preventing hair loss. If you take care of your hair properly, you will be rewarded with shiny and beautiful locks.