ActivLash Review : Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More
What Is ActivLash?
As per manufacturer claim, ActivLash is an eyelash growth system that produces longer, fuller and thicker eyelashes within weeks. The official website for the ActivLash brand is very impressive and user-friendly, being easy to navigate with clearly headed sections.
Although there are no clinical studies shown to prove that ActivLash works, the company does claim that it was developed by a team of physicians, chemists and aestheticians and has undergone ‘scientific studies’. The product has also been tested for safety in terms of potential skin irritation, particularly important when it is to be used around the eye area. However, it is said to cause a tingling sensation when applied. ActivLash is also supposed to be the only product of its kind not to cause blurry vision or darkening of the iris, although there is no evidence to back this up.
ActivLash – Does It Really Work?
As per the manufacturer, ActivLash is contained in a mascara-like tube and applied to the baseline of the lashes, like a liquid eyeliner. It is to be applied twice a day, morning and evening and because it is a clear serum, once dry, the consumer can apply their regular make-up.
What Are The Ingredients In ActivLash?
The full list of ingredients is featured on the ActivLash website and the benefits of the key, active ingredients are explained.
- Swertia Herb Extract and Glycoprotein: both increase the blood flow to stimulate the hair follicles.
- Green Tea And Grape Seed Extracts: Use anti-oxidant properties to fight damaging free-radicals.
- Bilberry Conditions and Flavanoid Complex : Helps slow the aging process which may cause brittle and dry lashes. Although it may cause redness to the skin.
ActivLash contains no parabens or fragrances, but it is still a good idea to test the serum on a patch of skin before using, in case of allergic reactions.
Benefits Of ActivLash
- The product can be worn under regular make-up.
- The full ingredient list is provided.
- Conditioners in the formula may result in stronger lashes that are able to reach full growth potential. Although many user reviews say it isn’t very effective.
Disadvantages Of ActivLash
- No clinical studies are provided.
- The site does not include a FAQ section.
- No money back guarantees are shown for ActivLash.
- No free trial is offered.
- The product may cause an unpleasant tingling sensation when applied.
- ActivLash must be used continuously to maintain results.
Final Verdict : ActivLash Eyelash Enhancer
Nothing about the ActivLash eyelash growth serum particularly makes it stand out from the other similar products on the market apart from the fact that it does contain some powerful anti-oxidants in the formula. Price-wise, it fairly expensive, costing $129.00 for a supply that is supposed to last at 4 months. Even so, most consumers would want to see more proof of positive results before spending this amount of money, and until ActivLash can provide that, they may be wise to purchase a more reputable brand.
There are quite a few eyelash enhancing products on the market today, many of which appear to be capable of providing a few key benefits. Specifically, in addition to providing improvements in eyelash length, volume, and texture, an eyelash enhancer should also contain only quality ingredients. Furthermore, these ingredients must be able to nourish lashes so that they stay well conditioned and strengthened against premature breakage.
Our Top Eylash Enhancing ProductsDuring our research, the skin care specialists we consulted provided useful tips that contribute to achieving and maintaining beautiful, healthy eyelashes, including the following:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to removing any makeup that you have applied both mascara as well as eye shadow prior to bedtime;
- Eating a healthy diet that contains milk and fish can help strenghten eyelashes;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day