Aczone Dapsone Gel Review: Does It Really Work?
ACZONE Dapsone Gel 7.5% Introduction
ACZONE dapsone Gel 7.5% is a prescription only topical medication formulated for the relief and treatment of acne.
What Does ACZONE Dapsone Gel 7.5% Claim
This product is formulated to treat acne and clear your skin.
ACZONE Dapsone Gel 7.5% Manufacturer’s Detail
This product has been formulated and is being distributed worldwide by the multinational pharmaceutical company, Allergan. ACZONE was launched only in February 2016. Allergan has been involved in cosmeceutical products as well, most notably with the unintended formulation and distribution of the eyelash enhancer, Latisse.
Working of ACZONE Dapsone Gel 7.5%
This product works by treating both inflammatory and non-inflammatory forms of acne by delivering dapsone.
ACZONE Dapsone Gel 7.5% Ingredients
Dapsone Gel (7.5%) Is the active ingredient found in ACZONE. This ingredient has been used for the relief of inflammation and in stopping the growth and proliferation of bacteria.
ACZONE Dapsone Gel 7.5% Pros
- This product is recommended suitable for use for all males and females, 12 years and older.
- The formula is retinoid-free.
- This product is dispensed by prescription only which ensures you get professional advise prior to product use.
ACZONE Dapsone Gel 7.5% Cons
- This product is relatively more expensive than its competitors.
- There are serious side effects associated with the use of this topical medication.
- The manufacturer recommends disclosing any medical condition or any regular medication being taken to be advised of possible adverse reactions or side effects when taking this treatment.
ACZONE Dapsone Gel 7.5% Side Effects
As per the advise of Allergan, this topical acne treatment may result to the following serious side effects:
- When presented with methemoglobinemia (an abnormal condition involving red blood cells), a significant decrease in oxygen levels may be experienced
- When you have hemolytic anemia (where abnormal breakdown of red blood cells occur), breathlessness, back pain, and a general weakness may be experienced.
In both cases, the manufacturer recommends seeking medical attention right away.
On the topical medication’s physical label, the following side effects may also be experienced based on reports received concerning the side effects of oral intake of dapsone, the primary active ingredient in ACZONE:
“Although not observed in the clinical trials with topical dapsone, serious adverse reactions have been reported with oral use of dapsone, including agranulocytosis, hemolytic anemia, peripheral neuropathy (motor loss and muscle weakness), and skin reactions (toxic epidermal necrolysis, erythema multiforme, morbilliform and scarlatiniform reactions, bullous and exfoliative dermatitis, erythema nodosum, and urticaria).”
Only 1 application of ACZONE dapsone Gel 7.5% daily is necessary or, take as prescribed by your dermatologist.
ACZONE dapsone Gel 7.5% reviews read:
- “I broke out in over 20 new bumps along my jawline, cheeks, chin, forehead and hairline. Some places I never broke out in before. I used this for only 5 days and discontinued. My face was raw, red, bumps were cystic and deep and painful. Some even were oozing clear liquid. My face was swollen! I had to use ice to help it and use a gentle rose water wash for the last 3 days to help and my face has been healing now. Horrible product! I am dark skinned and my face was visibly red by the way. Before I used this product I only had maybe 7 bumps or so on my face. I will be going to accutane before I try anymore topicals. I’ve tried antibiotics, spiro, differin, epiduo, duac, tretinoin, clindamycin and more! I have had acne for over 10 years and I haven’t had it this badly before this product. This is very overpriced too and fairly new.” — Leahjavon on acne.org
- “I’m a 19-year-old female who’s had acne since I was 12 and this product is what finally worked for me. I’ve tried pretty much everything; ProActive, Epiduo, antibiotics, Tazorac, and countless scrubs, creams, -‘d gels. My acne was very stubborn severe cystic acne and in a matter of about a month of using every morning with PanOxyl and CereVe moisturizer, it’s gone down to only a few bumps if any. I still have large pores, scars, and black heads, but the acne itself is gone! I still can hardly believe it when I look in the mirror. I would definitely give this a try at least.” — katieisadora on acne.org
ACZONE dapsone Gel 7.5% gives you a good chance of finally stomping out acne from your skin. As you know, however, acne can be tricky to treat and there is no one regimen but a more comprehensive acne care strategy that will work to finally cure your acne for good.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Acne formulations on the market in our opinion: