Age Intervention Eyelash: Does Age Intervention Eyelash Work?
Age Intervention Eyelash – Overview
From the mind of a businesswoman who was first to recognize glycolic acid’s ability to improve the look and feel of skin and first to market a stable Vitamin C topical in the promotion of healthy skin, is Jan Marini. Nicknamed “The Derma Diva”, Jan Marini researched and marketed medically-supported skincare products since 1989 with investment in MD Formulations glycolic acid products. Operating out of San Jose, California, the privately held company and its founder are known world-wide for skincare innovation and skin condition solutions.
In the purity of white and gray, the Jan Marini website provides quick search access at the top along with banners of its high profile awards and celebrity endorsements. The navigation bar provides access purchase, company and product information as well as testimonials and contact information. The next block provides rotating images of Jan Marini’s latest and most popular products including the Age Intervention brand. The final block features an image of Jan Marini and her product promise of satisfaction as well as the hottest brand technology and the Marini Skin Care Management System. Individual product information is available. However, customers can also select a management system based on skin type which includes products across brands for each phase of skincare maintenance.
Age Intervention Eyelash – Product Description
The Jan Marini product page offers eight product lines to address a variety of skincare, eyelash and hair needs. Among them is the Age Intervention line. The Age Intervention brand is designed target problem skin due to changes in hormone levels and compounded sun exposure. While the website lists facial creams, serums and an eye cream as well as other topicals, it doesn’t include its Age Intervention Eyelash product. Its successor, Age Intervention Eyelash Conditioner is available at third-party online retailers for $99 while inventory lasts.
Age Intervention Eyelash became Age Intervention Eyelash Conditioner and was reformulated into Marini Lash. However, many deem Age Intervention Eyelash Conditioner more effective. The discontinuation of Age Intervention Eyelash isn’t another example of a remake that wasn’t necessary– according to the FDA anyway. In 2007, the FDA informed healthcare professional, distributors and consumers of Age Intervention Eyelash of its seizure of nearly 12,700 tubes of the product due to its inclusion of the ingredient bimatoprost. The ingredient found in glaucoma medication which has the side effect of eyelash enhancement has been known to cause optical nerve damage if used in large amounts. The FDA’s concern seems to rest with the potential for blindness or vision reductions in those consumers who may be previously exposed to bimatoprost and additionally begin to use Age Intervention Eyelash. Jan Marini Research, which actually discontinued the product in late 2006 due to a labeling issue, posted a response on their company website indicated their displeasure with the FDA’s actions and the lack of evidence for their conclusions. Jan Marini Age Intervention Eyelash Conditioner was released in early 2007 and was later retired when Marini Lash was introduced in the summer of 2008.
Age Intervention Eyelash – Advantage
- Despite a newer version, Age Intervention Eyelash Conditioner has many supporters.
- Age Intervention Eyelash is an innovation of Jan Marini, a long-time research of cosmeceuticals responsible for topical Vitamin C and glycolic acid for improved skincare.
Age Intervention Eyelash – Drawbacks
- The original Age Intervention Eyelash was seized by the FDA after its discontinuation.
- Age Intervention Eyelash Conditioner is still available but in short supply.
Age Intervention Eyelash – The Bottom Line
The hunt for long lashes has been redirected away from Age Intervention Eyelash since its discontinuation and seizure. Luscious lash seekers must try Jan Marini’s other products or search elsewhere.
Our Top Eylash Enhancing ProductsDuring our research, the skin care specialists we consulted provided useful tips that contribute to achieving and maintaining beautiful, healthy eyelashes, including the following:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to removing any makeup that you have applied both mascara as well as eye shadow prior to bedtime;
- Eating a healthy diet that contains milk and fish can help strenghten eyelashes;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day