Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm Review: Does it Work?
Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm, US $68 for 0.5 oz., delivers the restorative and regenerative power of compounds derived from algae to awaken your otherwise tired-looking eyes. More specifically, this product has been formulated to deliver the following beauty benefits:
Fade skin imperfections around the eyes, including wrinkles, crow’s feet, fine lines, hyper pigmentation, dark circles and puffiness.
Give skin around your eyes a nutrient boost that restores eye skin health and normal moisture levels.
Floods your skin with antioxidants that reawaken sluggish skin cells and protect these from future damage.
Improves moisture-binding properties of your skin as it also enhances skin synthesis.
The Algenist skin care philosophy is focused on “unlocking the secrets of microalgae for visible skin transformation in 10 days”.
- Alguronic Acid: A compound that has been found to protect and regenerate the cells of microalgae, and has been found to have the same rejuvenating effect on human skin.
- Algaprotein: Contains high amounts of cell protective antioxidants and regenerative amino acids which, together, work to restore healthy skin elasticity and pulls up droopiness of skin around the eyes.
- Microalgae Oil: A rich source of essential fatty acids, powerful antioxidants, and deep nourishing Vitamin E, this compound can give your skin a moisture boost that is up to 5 times more powerful than most moisturizers, with a moisture release technology that keeps your skin hydrated round-the-clock.
- Vitamin C: Revitalizes and reawakens your skin cells to jumpstart repairs and rejuvenating mechanisms.
- Caffeine and Green Tea Extracts: Improve microcirculation which invites a fluid and moisture boost in and around the eye area.
- Aloe: Helps rebuild, restore and strengthen your protective skin barrier, making it more resilient to damage and aging.
Apply Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm as part of your morning and evening skin care routine. Dot the product around your eyes the, gently massage and spread to blend in with your skin.
- Manufacturer claims that all of its products are well suited and safe for use on all skin types.
- Product is guaranteed by manufacturer to be non-comedogenic, free from parabens, sulfates, phthalates, synthetic dyes, and triclosan.
- Contains a good combination of ingredients with proven anti-aging benefits.
- Product does not contain irritating fragrance ingredients.
- Product contains phenoxyethanol, a neurotoxin that can adversely affect the health of your brain and nervous system.
- Product contains aminomethyl propanol, a skin sensitizing ingredient that can easily form carcinogenic substances, most especially when combined with amines.
- There remains to be limited research on the potency of algae to provide anti-aging benefits.
- Manufacturer fails to provide evidence of potency and efficacy of product formulation to deliver on product claims
Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm will be an outstanding addition to your anti-aging arsenal if only more convincing evidence were provided about the science behind this product’s key ingredients, all derived from algae. Then, the price tag will also be painful on your beauty budget.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.