Algenist Firming & Lifting Neck Cream Review: Would you recommend?
Algenist Firming & Lifting Neck Cream is an anti-aging cream meant for the neck area. It helps fight fine lines, wrinkles, and other signs of aging that change the skin’s appearance. The cream is manufactured by Algenist, a biotechnology company based in San Francisco. It costs an average of $98 for a 2 oz bottle. Algenist has a 30-day return policy on products purchased from its website.
Algenist Neck Cream Ingredients
- Alguronic Acid: A patented compound created from algae that helps regenerate the micro-algae cell to promote a more youthful appearance.
- Peptide Complex: Contains amino acids that can tighten the skin.
- Dimethicone: Silicone-based polymer that smooths the skin for improved appearance.
- Shea Butter: Conditioner. Used to increase viscosity in skin products. Similar to the skin’s own natural oils, it helps protect the skin, prevent bacteria from entering the epidermis, and heals skin.
- Glyceryl Stearate: Lubricates and conditions the skin, prevents dehydration, and works as an emulsifier.
- PEG-100 Stearate: Effective emollient and emulsifier. Should not be used on broken or wounded skin.
- Lactic Acid: An alpha hydroxy acid and exfoliant.
Clean skin. Massage cream onto the skin twice daily (morning and evening) until fully absorbed. Safe to use every day and under makeup.
- All ingredients in the product are listed.
- Sold by a reputable company and in well-known beauty stores across the country.
- Ships internationally.
- Algenist Firming & Lifting Neck Cream helps fight wrinkles, fine lines, and signs of aging on the neck.
- The cream is backed by a 30-day return policy if purchased through the manufacturer’s site. Various stores that sell the product also have reasonable return or exchange policies.
- Algenist is a biotechnology company that thoroughly checks its products for safety.
- Safe for all skin types.
- Algenist’s return policy requires customers to get authorization beforehand. International customers have to take extra steps to return/exchange products.
- The amounts of ingredients used in the product are not disclosed.
- The cream includes PEG-100 Stearate, which shouldn’t be used on broken skin.
- At $98 MSRP, the cost of the product is a bit high for continuous use.
- Although the company discusses micro-algae as an innovative product, there are few links to studies that can corroborate their claims that this ingredient is more effective than other anti-aging products in the market.
Algenist Firming & Lifting Neck Cream is one of the few anti-aging products that specifically targets the often-neglected skin on the neck. The product is sold and manufactured by the San Francisco-based biotechnology company, Algenist. The cream costs an average of $98 per container, and this may prevent budget-conscious potential clients from trying the cream. In addition, the product does not disclose the amounts of its ingredients. With the wealth of information out there, customers may expect more details than what the company currently provides.
As we age the composition, texture and appearance of our skin changes. Signs of skin aging include wrinkles, fine lines, loss of moisture, uneven tone, and dull, tired-looking skin. There are countless anti-wrinkle creams on the market promising to make skin look and feel younger. Many anti-wrinkle creams promise everything short of a facelift or to provide the much sought after "fountain of youth". In reality most are just moisturizers marketed as anti-aging products.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.