All About Cellulite Myths
Beware of myths that say something in contrast to what your doctor thinks. Always remember to listen to him, eat healthy and stay fit to keep the fear of Cellulite away.
No End to Myths
Whenever a subject relating to health in general is raised in any kind of forum, a number of issues in the form of cellulite causes and symptoms are usually discussed among people. Theories are formed and disseminated to interested listeners, readers or viewers – as the case may be depending on the media of communication. These theories, irrespective of their nature or origin, are made to circulate further until they are taken as facts without a legitimate basis.
Cellulite is full of such myths. While majority of them could have some elements of fact, a few of these – whether innocent, harmless statements or not – have been proved to be devoid of any substantial fact time and again. Yet, these theories keep on circulating, making unsuspected people believe in them and in the process, possibly wasting their time, money or harming their own body.
The Cellulite Myths
Let us briefly touch upon some of the myths relating to various aspects of Cellulite that have been termed as baseless in many quarters. Here we go!
- Treatments Do Not Help Cellulite. Entirely false. Even if cellulite is not comprehensively curable, it can be effectively reduced by numerous treatment methods, especially the ones that have come into limelight rather recently.
- Women Only Are the Victims Of Cellulite. It is not true. Yet, not very far off from truth. The fact is about 90% to 95% of women world over have cellulite.
- Cellulite Affects Old People Only. Not at all true. Majority of people, especially women, get cellulite even during the post-pubescent or postnatal stages of their life.
- Liposuction Gets Rid Of Cellulite. No, it does not, for persons of all age. Liposuction may be good for the younger people. In older persons, however, there have been cases where cellulite retuned or got aggravated.
- Drinking More Water Can Protect You From Cellulite. Many experts do not agree with it. They feel drinking excess of fluid can be a cause for cellulite.
- Exercise Can Banish Cellulite. Exercise is certainly good for cellulite. Yet it can not remove it altogether – can only keep the onset of cellulite, or the existing condition, in check to a great extent.
- Healthy Diet Can Eliminate Cellulite. Not entirely true. Healthy diet is, again, good for controlling the condition.
- Cellulite Affects Overweight People Only. It is not true. While obese or overweight people are relatively more prone to cellulite, persons of normal or underweight categories can also get afflicted by the condition.
- Cellulite Creams Can Permanently Reduce Cellulite. Cellulite creams have to be applied regularly to keep the dimpling suppressed only. There is no cream available as yet that can permanently eliminate cellulite.
- Coffee Cures Cellulite. Caffeine in its cruder forms (coffee ground or powder – not the beverage) can be used as a natural supplement to smother the dimples. It can not, as such, get rid of cellulite permanently.
Myths or no myths, the best way to stay free from cellulite – or to shun it – is to follow the laid down rules as well as a strict regimen consisting of proved treatment, healthy diet and regular exercise. Things will work out on its own, rewarding you for your discipline and perseverance.
Cellulite can affect people of all ages and body types and can be notoriously difficult to get rid of. While there are certainly no miracle cures, using specially formulated creams and treatments along with a healthy diet and exercise plan can reduce the appearance of the dimpled skin affected by cellulite. Creams and lotions that contain stimulating ingredients such as caffeine are particularly beneficial as they help move toxins out the body while other natural ingredients are used to condition the skin, giving it a firmer, tighter appearance which further reduces the look of the affected area.