AminoGenesis Counter Clockwise Under Eye Treatment is an eye treatment that reduces dark circles, fine lines and puffiness; it’s part of a skincare line that focuses on amino acids as the primary active ingredients, with only two botanical extracts. The formula can be used for mature skin as an age-reversal treatment.
The product info is minimal and contained on one sub-page, with general ingredient info and concepts explained elsewhere, with little relevance to each specific product and addressing the entire range instead. The site boasts a detailed FAQ and has separate pages for testimonials (with pictures and full names) and before/after photos, which show results for a variety of their products including noticeable results after 1 week of the eye treatment. However, the fine print at the bottom of the site does state that “these results should be considered extraordinary and not typical”.
The formula is patented by AminoGenesis, and it’s by this name that the company refers to itself throughout the site, but for some reason that site’s URL is www.photolagen.com. The company can be contacted via phone, email or mail; it’s based in California and the site also features bios on its founder and the creator of the formula.
AminoGenesis – Product Description
The main focus on ingredients is amino acids, and a separate section of the site does go into lengthy detail about the beneficial properties of these protein building-blocks. These benefits have an emphasis on miniaturization, antioxidant properties and promotion of collagen and elastin production, in order to strengthen and rejuvenate skin, but nothing is mentioned directly within the context of the Counter Clockwise Eye Treatment.
There are some graphs showing the performance of AminoGenesis’ moisturizers in clinical trials, as well as mildly informative illustrations, but much of this section is very text-heavy and feels too encyclopedic. There is a complete list of ingredients, but the entry “amino acids” is vague and could have been elaborated upon, as the general public will not know how these apply to anti-aging treatments. Extracts of chamomile and witch hazel provide anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties to the formula.
The treatment retails on the company’s official site for $40 per 5oz jar, but there is no information on shipping or returns, so there doesn’t appear to be a money-back guarantee. The site does boast a US-based and international dealer finder, however, but it’s not clear if they offer guarantees.
- Water-based delivery for deep penetration of moisturizers
- Suitable for all skin types
- Uses non-bovine collagen sources
- Excellent online reviews
AminoGenesis – Drawbacks
- Very little info ingredient relating to the specific products
- No free trial/money-back guarantee
- No info regarding shipping or returns from the company’s online store.
AminoGenesis – The Bottom line
The cream has garnered excellent reviews online, but the idea of peptides and amino acids in anti-aging or eye treatments is not a new concept, and for a company to use that as their selling point but not actually go into enough “beauty pseudo-science” detail makes the product’s ideas look derivative and unremarkable. Add to the fact that there is no free trial or information on returns, it’s best to use the store locator to find a real-life dealership and enquire about samples or testing sessions instead.
Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self treatment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."