SkinCeuticals Metacell Renewal B3 Review: Is This Anti-Aging Cream Safe To Use?
SkinCeuticals Metacell Renewal B3 Overview:
SkinCeuticals Metacell Renewal B3, US $110 for a 1.7 fl. oz. bottle, is an anti-aging moisturizer that has been specially formulated to help reinvigorate skin damaged by environmental stressors, including photo-damage.
About SkinCeuticals Metacell Renewal B3 — Does It Really Work?
This product is brought to you by SkinCeuticals, the skin care company that has been founded by scientists who have in-depth knowledge about how the sun damages and ages your skin. Its founders are skin cancer researchers who are committed to bring “advanced skincare backed by Science” in every product formulation launched under the label. SkinCeuticals promotes beautiful skin by enhancing skin health.
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver for you the following benefits:
- Specifically treat and correct visible signs of skin damage and aging caused by UV and other environmental stressors.
- Reinvigorate your skin to relieve it from the dullness and lifelessness caused by environental damage.
- Promote firmer and more elastic skin.
- Support faster rates of collagen production.
- Lighten dark marks and brighten your skin’s overall complexion.
What Are The Ingredients In Skinceuticals Metacell Renewal B3?
- Niacinamide (5.0%): A powerful antioxidant that delivers other multiple benefits for your skin, including lightening dark marks, evening out and brightening your skin tone, relieving inflammation, reinvigorating your skin cells, and enhancing your skin’s overall surface texture.
- Glyerin (15.0%): A hardworking skin conditioner and emollient, this ingredient greatly improves your skin’s suppleness and smoothness, and supports your damaged skin to heal and become renewed.
- Peptides: Enhance collagen production, it helps firm up sagging skin caused by UV and other environmental stressors.
- Adenosine: It helps restore the optimal energy level of your skin cells which, in turn, helps cutdown on the time it takes to deliver key mechanisms that regenerate and renew your skin.
Directions To Use:
SkinCeuticals Metacell Renewal B3 is recommended for use two times daily, that is, once in the morning and once again at night. Always use the product after cleansing and clearing your face of impurities. Use on top of lighter products and under thicker products in your routine.
- SkinCeuticals Metacell Renewal B3 has a lightweight consistency that makes it feel almost like a serum.
- This product contains a very high concentration of Niacinamide, an ingredient that has been clinically demonstrated to multiply its beneficial impact on aging and damaged skin as concentration is increased.
- This product is expensive.
- SkinCeuticals Metacell Renewal B3 reviews are severely limited, providing very little firsthand information about how this product performs relative to its claims.
Does SkinCeuticals Metacell Renewal B3 Have Any Side Effects?
Based on the ingredients and reviews, the following side effects may be experienced when using SkinCeuticals Metacell Renewal B3:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including botanical and fragrance ingredients.
- Increased risk for reproductive health related organ damage and dysfunctions due to EDTA.
- Increased risk for developing various forms of cancers due to PEGs.
- Increased risk for permanently damaging your skin due to chlorphenesin.
Increased risk for nerve damage and brain dysfunctions due to phenoxyethanol.
SkinCeuticals Metacell Renewal B3 Customer Reviews:
SkinCeuticals Metacell Renewal B3 reviews read:
- “This is making me peel ALOT…not sure if its supposed to do that. So of course its making me look worse. I only sused 1-2 times a day, I’m now Going to try using once every 2 days.” — User Review on DermStore
- “I started using this product 2yrs ago when we moved to a higher altitude and my cheeks were getting red- Skinceuticals woman for almost 10yrs, I used CE Ferulic and Retexturing activator, then sunscreen, but it became obvious i needed a moisturizer. From the first application, I knew it was for me- moisturizes without being greasy, its lightweight and fast-absorbing, and actually takes care of the occasional pimple and attacks my dark spots! And its unscented! Wonderful! I have since stopped using a few products and switched to others, within the Skinceuticls line, but I still finish with Metacell Renewal before sunscreen. My favorite Skinceuticals product!” — AE on DermStore
SkinCeuticals Metacell Renewal B3 delivers a long list of promises, the most glaring one being its so-called ability to repair and correct photo-damaged skin. Niacinamide at high concentrations can help achieve that objective. However, it seems that it is the only truly beneficial ingredient in this formulation. Priced for over US $100, you deserve to obtain so much more. Sadly, this one lists phenoxyethanol, a preservative, high up on the list, indicating that everything else listed after it are added in minute quantities.
As we age the composition, texture and appearance of our skin changes. Signs of skin aging include wrinkles, fine lines, loss of moisture, uneven tone, and dull, tired-looking skin. There are countless anti-wrinkle creams on the market promising to make skin look and feel younger. Many anti-wrinkle creams promise everything short of a facelift or to provide the much sought after "fountain of youth". In reality most are just moisturizers marketed as anti-aging products.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.