Anti-Aging Eye Cream: Does it Really Work?
Skin aging is inevitable yet it’s so humanly true to try to defy aging. The good news is that it’s very much possible to delay and even reverse the signs of skin aging these days.
What you must never miss in your anti-aging regimen is a tube of eye cream or eye serum. The thinnest fat on skin is found on the face, and skin around the eyes is thinner than the rest of your face by about ten times more!
This makes skin around the eyes much more prone to the formation of fine lines and creases. This is the reason why the earliest signs of skin aging show up around the eyes. It is often the creases and marks around the eyes that are most difficult to treat and you will want to prevent them from surfacing at all instead.
So, if you’re dead serious about looking younger for longer then, get serious about taking care of skin around your eyes.
What Anti-Aging Eye Products Can do for Your Skin?
First of all, the beauty of anti-aging eye products is that they are especially formulated to treat eye skin problems like wrinkles, crow’s feet, dark under eye circles, and puffiness and yet, they are gentle enough to refrain from hurting and irritating your eyes. This is why you cannot simply rely on your regular facial moisturizer to do a fantastic job for skin around your eyes.
Anti-aging eye creams are also intended to provide more advanced protection for the very thin skin in your eye area against sun damage, free radicals, and environmental pollutants. Other than providing extra nourishment, these products also contain active ingredients that help boost collagen production and skin cell repair.
Choosing The Right Anti-Aging Eye Cream
If you have yet to find the anti-aging eye cream that works best for you skin, the search for your perfect eye product will be surely tough. Check out the list of the basic things to look for in an eye cream below to help you get by your new adventure the next time you visit your beauty bar.
- Choose an Eye Cream that is Manufactured by a Reputable Manufacturer: You don’t want just any concoction to come in contact with your skin! You’d want your eye cream to be effective and safe at the same time.
- Choose an Eye Cream that is Specially Formulated for Your Skin Type: Like any well-formulated skin care product, an effective eye cream will have unique preparations for different skin types. This, in itself, gives you the assurance that your eye product has been well thought out and, chances are, it will live up to its promise.
- Check the Label and Packaging: Your eye cream must also come in either aluminium or opaque tube or bottle since most active ingredients breakdown upon exposure to sunlight. Make sure that your eye product is hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic. Always check for expiration date.
- Choose an Anti-aging Product that Contains Active Ingredients and Antioxidants: You want to make sure that your eye product contains at least one active ingredient known to aid in protecting the skin and in reversing signs of skin aging. Look for eye products that contain active ingredients like Acetyl-hexapeptide-8, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Arnica, Co-enzyme Q10, Haloxyl and Hyaluronic Acid. These compounds help improve fine lines, wrinkles, and crow’s feet by helping speed up elimination of skin cells and fuelling skin cell repair. These also protect skin cells from further damage. Obtain additional skin care benefits from eye products that contain powerful antioxidants like Vitamins A, C, E, and K.
- Choose an Eye Product that Has Separate Formulations for Daytime and Night Time Use: Make sure that your sunscreen is infused in your daytime eye product. You know that the sun’s harmful UV rays are the skin’s worst enemy. With skin so thin around your eyes, you need to have an extra layer of protection against the skin damaging effects of the sun.
How to Use an Anti-Aging Eye Cream
To obtain the skin benefits of using an eye product, you only need to apply a pea-size amount of your eye cream or eye serum on both eye areas. Slowly dab around either eye then apply evenly with light, upward strokes.
Make sure to apply your eye product first before putting on your facial moisturizer and makeup. This facilitates faster absorption of the skin, especially if your eye product is water-based. Putting on oil-based products first will block water-based products from penetrating your skin and will, instead, fall off from skin.
In caring for your eyes, a few extra dollars spent on an anti-aging eye cream is still worth than thousands of dollars spent for treatment later, if only you know exactly what to look for.