Most Effective Anti-Aging Solutions for the Eyes and Skin
Nobody can stop father time, and we will continue to age as time goes on. However, that doesn’t mean that we always have to look as though we’re our age. There are numerous anti-aging solutions that can help smooth wrinkles, combat the puffiness around eyes, reduce crow’s feet, and more. If you’re struggling to look your best as you grow older, understanding more about the best anti-aging solutions will be important. There are several different options and each one offer results that can help. Here’s a look at some of the most important and effective steps you can take to reduce signs of aging.
- Lifestyle Changes – Start with lifestyle changes. The different aspects of your life could be having a big impact on your overall skin and eye appearances, and anti-aging begins with taking a look at what you’re doing to speed up signs of aging. A healthy diet, regular exercise, and avoiding smoking, alcohol, caffeine and sun exposure could all help you improve and maintain your youthful appearance.
- Hydration – While this is technically a lifestyle change as well, it’s too important not to be mentioned on its own. One of the biggest triggers for signs of aging is actually dehydration. Be sure to drink plenty of fluids in order to keep yourself hydrated, but go beyond that. Using moisturizing lotions or creams to keep the eyes and skin moist will help provide you with anti-aging solutions that work.
- Natural Remedies – Try to place cucumber slices on the eyes for about fifteen minutes per day. This helps moisturize the eyes and reduces the puffiness that often comes with aging.
- Creams – While you may not want to spend money, the fact is that anti-aging creams are now highly effective. Years of research has led to big developments that can provide real results. The best eye creams will reduce wrinkles, puffiness, and dark spots and help keep your skin hydrated and strong. These creams are especially important around the eyes, where the skin is much thinner and more susceptible to age-related signs.
- Surgery – This is listed last because it should always be a last resort. Surgery can help provide anti-aging results, but it’s very expensive and carries with it a large number of risks. A better choice is to utilize creams, natural solutions, and other anti-aging options instead of surgery.
Looking your best is important, and there are plenty of anti-aging options out there that can help. Take a look at your options and you should find something that provides you with the results you deserve.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.