Ao Skincare Reviews: Does It Deliver what It Claims?
Ao Skincare PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
Ao Skincare is a line of anti-aging skin care treatments which may help encourage your skin to look radiantly healthy. The product line involves a range of treatments for different phases of the day, allowing you to have a complete package of Ao-based products if you prefer that. Their “Restore” serum is perhaps the best product to consider individually. It is sold in bottles priced at $120 USD each, for a 1 fluid ounce supply. It includes an integral measuring pump so that you can get a measured quantity when you make use of it, and one bottle will last for two months of daily use.
Ao Skincare Ingredients List
Ao Skincare’s products uses natural ingredients sourced from New Zealand, and the range varies from product to product. Below are the active ingredients for “Restore Serum”:
- Vitamin Blend: Includes Vitamins B3, B5 and C to serve as antioxidant compounds and promote firmer skin appearance.
- Ferulic acid: An antioxidant which is also intended to help the Vitamin C function more effectively.
- Peptides: A range of molecules intended to perform multiple functions in order to support the regeneration and upkeep of healthy connective tissue.
- New Zealand Manuka Honey: A skin nourishing and moisturizing ingredients.
Ao Skincare Directions/Working
Apply one pump’s worth of the serum to the face each morning and night before adding other treatments or products.
Ao Skincare ADVANTAGES
- Naturally sourced
- Manufacturer’s website is detailed, up to date, and doesn’t include “hard sell” tactics like “rush my trial”
- Product is free of parabens, sulfates, PEGS, TEA, DEA, mineral oils, petrochemicals and artificial fragrances.
- Easy to use; the measured pump even makes it hard to waste the product accidentally.
Ao Skincare Disadvantages
- No clinical evidence is provided to back up the claims for how well this product might work
- The price is very high, even if it is mitigated by one bottle being expected to last for two months
Ao Skincare presents an appealing line of anti-aging products that may have real effects and are naturally sourced. However, there are two big problems: the first is the lack of clinical evidence provided to support these particular formulations, even if the individual ingredients have some backing in some cases. The second is that the price in US dollars is extremely high, although this partly represents that these are all imported from New Zealand. You may be better served pursuing a more reasonably priced option; there are a lot of anti aging beauty products available, and paying a premium just for imported New Zealand water and honey may not be worth it in terms of what you get out of it.
As we age the composition, texture and appearance of our skin changes. Signs of skin aging include wrinkles, fine lines, loss of moisture, uneven tone, and dull, tired-looking skin. There are countless anti-wrinkle creams on the market promising to make skin look and feel younger. Many anti-wrinkle creams promise everything short of a facelift or to provide the much sought after "fountain of youth". In reality most are just moisturizers marketed as anti-aging products.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.