Apothederm Stretch Mark cream: Does Apothederm Cream Work?
Apothederm is a relatively new brand that has been promoting a full range of skin care products since 2011. Apothederm, which is manufactured by Helix BioMedix, differentiates itself by stressing that it uses patented SmartPeptides, which it claims target problems spots, such as stretch marks, crow’s feet, and laugh lines. These SmartPeptides imitate amino acid sequences that protect and restore the skin. All of its products are paraben, phthalate, and fragrance free, as well as noncomedegenic. Helix BioMedix is a Seattle-based dermatology biotech company that has licensed its peptide technology to international companies for the last 20 years. In addition to its acne and anti-aging products, Apothederm developed a stretch mark cream that it claims is fast-absorbing, effective for both old and new stretch marks, and helps build collagen. A 5.7 ounce bottle of cream costs $89.95 on the Apothederm website. The results of an independent study conducted using this product are posted on the site. They show that more than 90 percent of participants saw overall improvement after 12 weeks of continued use. Although the site features a blog dedicated to beauty and skincare, it does not contain user testimonials.
Apothederm – Ingredients
Apothederm contains the following active ingredients:
- Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)
- Limnanthes Alba (Meadowform) Seed Oil
- Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil
- Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter
- Sodium Hyaluronate
- Pichia/Reveratrol Ferment Extract
- Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract
Apothederm – Product Description
The patented SmartPeptides used in Apothederm’s stretch cream mimic the skin’s own amino acid sequences and help to restore and protect skin. The active peptides include Heptapeptide-7, which has been shown in laboratory tests to promote keratinocyte proliferation and support skin renewal; Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-14, which helps boost collagen production; and Hexapeptide-21, also a key ingredient that activates collagen production and cell turnover so skin looks fresh and rejuvenated. The manufacturers claim this product can even skin tone, improve skin texture, reduce the appearance of red and silver stretch marks, and even protect the skin so that future stretch marks do not appear. According to clinical studies, results can be seen in as little as two weeks. This cream should be applied each morning and evening in a circular motion to areas with stretch marks.
Since Apothederm Stretch Cream has not been tested on pregnant women, it is recommended that one wait until after delivery to use the cream. This cream should be applied twice daily and should be kept out of the eyes. Although this cream can be used in conjunction with other skin care products, if already under the care of a physician, take care to check with him or her first prior to beginning this new regimen.
Apothederm – Advantages
- This website contains information about clinical studies with positive results
- Apothederm Stretch Cream contains patented SmartPeptides, which are clinically proven to restore and protect skin
- In some customers, results were seen in as little as two weeks and the positive effects can continue to be seen up to 12 weeks
- All of Apothederm’s products are fragrance free and do not contain parabens or phthalates
- Apothederm’s packaging can be recycled
- Before and after photos appear on the site which show an improvement in the skin after this product is used
- Skin care products are not tested on animals
- Orders of $75 or more qualify for free shipping
Apothederm – Drawbacks
- Apothederm Stretch Cream has not been tested on pregnant women and the manufacturer recommends waiting until after delivery to use it
- No free samples are offered
- User testimonials are not available on the manufacturer’s website
- This product is not organic
Apothederm – The Bottom Line
Apothederm Stretch Mark Cream wins a vote of confidence because it uses a patented brand of SmartPeptides has undergone clinical studies with positive results: 70 percent of the 30 participants experienced visible results within two weeks and over 90 percent of users saw overall improvement after 12 weeks of use. It would be helpful to read user testimonials, which do not appear on the site. Apothederm offers a full return policy, minus to cost of shipping, if you are unsatisfied with their products. This cream has not been tested on pregnant women, which may defeat the purpose of it for women who are concerned about acquiring stretch marks during pregnancy. Overall, it is slightly expensive, but boasts dermatological studies to back up its claims about SmartPeptide technology.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."