Do Eyelash Extensions Damage Your Natural Lashes?
For those who hate their natural lashes, but aren’t satisfied with the results of mascaras of false eyelashes, eyelash extensions may be the answer. However, many people have had bad results, and so some women are worried that lash extensions can damage the lashes. Don’t just take the word of those eyelash enhancer reviews, because the difference between successful extensions and ones that ruin the lashes might just lie with who does the work on the lashes.
Professional beauty salons use lash extension kits that use a superior glue fixative that will not harm the lashes. These extensions are applied in a salon by a qualified professional who will not allow any of the glue to touch the skin itself. This will prevent any reactions or problems, so when reading the eyelash enhancer reviews, be sure to take note of whether or not the extensions were professionally applied or not. The amateur extensions may cause damage, especially if the lashes are not glued on properly or if the glue gets on the skin. Then, too, those not qualified may actually end up tearing out the lashes by mistake when dealing with the glue, so don’t do this at home.
Lash extensions are actually wonderful products that can instantly rejuvenate a tired look, or even better for those with paltry lashes, create a lush and thick set of lashes immediately. Those with allergy issues may notice that these extensions, if properly applied can help hide the lost lashes and for those who have lost lashes due to being burnt or abused, these extensions are great for that time period when you’re trying to grow the lashes back in and if done right, look natural as well.
Many of the eyelash enhancement reviews will only discuss their results, whether good or bad, and will rarely mention if the extensions were professionally applied or not. When it comes to your eyes, you really don’t want to take any chances, so if you were tempted to do this yourself at home, you might want to double check the risks of home extension jobs, which include:
- Pulling out lashes
- Crooked or misaligned extensions
- Eye infection or irritation
- Glue getting on the eyelids
- Shedding extensions due to improper application
These are just a few problems that can be avoided by using professionals. It may cost more, but the quality results and lessened risks really do make it worth-while.
Our Top Eylash Enhancing Products
During our research, the skin care specialists we consulted provided useful tips that contribute to achieving and maintaining beautiful, healthy eyelashes, including the following:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to removing any makeup that you have applied both mascara as well as eye shadow prior to bedtime;
- Eating a healthy diet that contains milk and fish can help strenghten eyelashes;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day