Aveeno Moisturizer Reviewed 2018: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More.
What is Aveeno Moisturizer Spf 30?
As per the manufacturer, Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF 30, US $16.99 for 2.5 oz., claims to provide beyond moisturizing and UV protecting qualities to benefit your skin. More specifically, this product is formulated to deliver the following benefits for your skin:
- Enhance your skin’s moisture levels to restore its dewy appearance.
- Provide broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection that shields your skin from sunburn and permanent damages.
- Relieve and soothe skin inflammations.
- Enhance your skin’s natural capability to treat and rejuvenate your skin.
- Help bring out your skin’s natural radiance in just 4 weeks.
(based on clinical trials, according to the manufacturer, although details of which have not been shared)
Aveeno is a brand managed by the Johnson & Johnson Group of Companies that caters to the special needs of sensitive and problematic skin types. However, no substantial evidence is available to prove it is effective.
What are the Ingredients In Aveeno Moisturizer Spf 30?
- Active Naturals Total Soy Complex: The base for all Aveeno products, soybeans have natural anti-inflammatory and skin healing properties that immediately relieves skin of irritation, including blotchiness and swelling. However it may cause skin allergy to sensitive skin.
- Avobenzone (3%), Homosalate (12%), Octisalate (5%), Octocrylene (1.7%), Oxybenzone (3%): sunscreen actives.
- Diethylhexyl 2,6-Naphthalate: UV absorber that helps shield your skin from the skin degrading effects of UV.
- Titanium Dioxide: Provides additional sun shield and also leaves your skin with a brighter complexion.
How to apply Aveeno Moisturizer Spf 30
For best results, the manufacturer suggests to-
- Apply generous amounts of Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF 30 at least 15 minutes before sun exposure.
- Carry around with you for reapplication every two hours throughout the day or, following profuse sweating or after getting wet with water.
Benefits of Aveeno Moisturizer Spf 30
- This product has a sheer and lightweight texture, non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, and oil-free formula that will not leave your skin surface greased. However, according to customer reviews, it isn’t very effective.
- Product formulation is ideal for regular, daily application, guaranteed by manufacturer to be safe for use on all skin types.
- This product contains ingredients that promote skin healing and recovery from damage while simultaneously protecting your skin from further damage caused by UV and free radicals.
Disadvantages Of Aveeno Moisturizer Spf 30
- This product contains parabens and synthetic sunscreen actives, toxic chemicals that have been repeatedly proven to accumulate inside the body and to disrupt hormone functions at toxic levels.
- This product contains irritating fragrance ingredients that runs counter to what this brand is all about.
- Aveeno Moisturizer SPF 30 reviews includes an expert review which cited this product’s lack of skin repairing ingredients, including peptides and antioxidants, which will have been instrumental in healing chronically irritated and broken skin.
Final verdict: Aveeno Moisturizer
Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF 30 is a relatively expensive moisturizer that carries a relatively fair formulation that can carry out basic functions that you expect a daytime moisturizer to deliver. It’s worth a purchase if you think that’s all your skin deserves. We can guarantee that there are other products out that can give you more. Also, there is no clear mention of any Return policy on the official website.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion: