Aveeno Positively Ageless Night Cream Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review & more
What is Aveeno Positively Ageless Night Cream ?
Aveeno is a brand that is managed by Johnson & Johnson under its Consumer Division, one of three divisions representing the business interests of the company, the other two being the medical devices and pharmaceutical divisions. Aveeno is pegged to cater to the special needs of sensitive and reactive skin.
Aveeno Positively Ageless Reconditioning Night Cream, US $19.99 for 1.7 fl. oz., is an overnight skin rejuvenating formula that facilitates faster skin regeneration and renewal.
Aveeno Positively Ageless Night Cream – Does it really work?
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been specially formulated to deliver the following anti-aging and beauty benefits for your aging or mature skin:
- Enhance the firmness, elasticity and density of your skin to promote youthfulness.
- Restore the ideal nutrient and moisture levels of your skin to stimulate faster skin repair and renewal.
- Rejuvenate your skin every night to help your skin better cope with day-to-day damage and signs of skin aging.
- Refresh and renew your skin to improve its vitality and relieve it from dullness.
- Slow down the rate of aging and, with regular use, promote the appearance of more youthful skin.
This product works by delivering a complex combining antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, and moisture-enhancing ingredients that help promote more youthful skin.
What are the ingredients in Aveeno Positively Ageless Night Cream ?
- Shiitake Mushroom Extract: Has natural anti-aging properties that help restore your skin health and protect your skin cells from damage and aging at the same time.
- Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein: Promotes enhanced skin moisture while simultaneously relieving your skin of inflammation which often starts signs of aging and permanent damage.
- Shea Butter: These is for soothing, nourishing and moisturizing skin so that it will return to its natural, healthy state after treatment. It also reduces skin Inflammation.
- Algae Extract: Promotes enhanced skin moisture to keep your skin comfortably hydrated over longer periods of time.
Benefits of Aveeno Positively Ageless Reconditioning Night Cream
- This product works in close coordination with your skin’s natural renewal and rejuvenating process.
- The manufacturer guarantees that this product has been dermatologist tested, hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic.
Disadvantages of Aveeno Positively Ageless Reconditioning Night Cream
- This product carries a significantly more expensive price tag in comparison with similar products that claim to deliver similar benefits.
- Aveeno Positively Ageless Reconditioning Night Cream reviews indicate that this product hardly redounds to buildable, longer-term improvements.
- This product contains several ingredients that have the potential to cause your skin to become reactive and inflamed.
Does Aveeno Positively Ageless Night Cream have any Side Effects?
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including fragrance ingredients.
- Increased risk for nerve damage and brain-related dysfunctions due to Phenoxyethanol.
- Increased risk for various forms of cancer due to PEGs which demonstrates a high affinity for toxic chemicals, many of which have been linked to cancer.
- Increased risk for hormonal and endocrine-related dysfunctions due to parabens.
How to apply Aveeno Positively Ageless Night Cream
Aveeno Positively Ageless Reconditioning Night Cream must be applied on the face, neck and chest every night, following thorough cleansing and toning.
Final Verdict: Aveeno Positively Ageless Night Cream
Aveeno Positively Ageless Reconditioning Night Cream is a product that wants to deliver non-irritating anti-aging formulas to cater to more sensitive skin types. With fragrance ingredients infused in the formula though, the claim can hardly be delivered. Although other skin types might benefit but possibly, should expect limited results.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Neck Creams formulations on the market in our opinion: