With its name denoting the use of avocado products as a main ingredient, Avotone skincare was developed in 2005 as part of Idaho-based manufacturer Meliorra LLC’s natural health and wellness product offerings. Avotone emphasizes the reduction of lines and wrinkles through its natural ingredients.
In terms of Avotone’s origin, Avotone.com shares no information about its parent company. In fact, a cyber search of Meliorra revealed that lack of an Internet presence with the exception of an Amazon.com store from which Avotone products are not sold. The Meliorra Amazon store at Meliorra-Webstore.com sells random health and beauty products, some in direct competition with the Avotone product model and references no company information. As a result, Meliorra’s connection with Avotone appears to be in its manufacture for U.S. distribution.
Creating cohesion between Avatone’s main ingredient and the visual branding of its website, Avotone.com displays an avocado green, beige and black color scheme. The site is easy to navigate and professional looking. It provides a clearly stated terms page with a 60-day 100% money back guarantee. The site offers products for purchase individually or in bulk. Also, certain products are available for auto-shipping at a significant price reduction. Similar to many high-end sites, Avatone’s website makes use of interactive chat capabilities, which allows questions to be answered by company-proclaimed experts.
The website’s testimonials reflect a series of before and after eye and mouth shots that are not very convincing. Reviews on third-party sites landed on both ends of the spectrum. Appearing to originate from the UK, Avotone-UK.com, downplays the avocado ingredient and offers loosely detailed clinical trial information plus a guarantee that runs 60-days longer than in the U.S.
Avotone – Product Description
The Avatone skincare product line consists of mainly avocado oil and a peptide or amino acid molecule called Acetyhl Hexapeptide-3. The peptide contributes to Avatone’s ability to reduce the impact of the skin’s muscle contractions by reducing the skin’s production of excess neurotransmitters, a chemical which help create biological effects within the body. Reduced skin muscle contractions result in less wrinkles and lines.
Besides natural moisturizing benefits, avocado oil’s composition of Chlorophyll, Lecithin, Vitamin A, Vitamin D and Potassium fights aging, protects against dehydration, combats harmful environmental pollutants, boosts reproduction of skin cells, and maintains fluid balance within the skin. Avatone warns that its wrinkle cream may cause drying.
With a price range of $12.95 to $89, Avatone offers a variety of products from wrinkle creams to appetite-controlling lip balm plus an entire men’s skincare line.
- Avatone incorporates natural ingredients including the rich benefits of avocado oil.
- The website offers discounts for some larger quantity purchases.
- Avatone products come with a 60-day 100% money back guarantee.
Avotone – Drawbacks
- Avatone doesn’t offer a full product line of women’s skincare.
- The website lacks company information. What is available is misleading.
- Site testimonials are suspect with slightly differing before and after photos.
- The differing guarantees and product information between the UK/EU site and the US website favors UK/EU consumers.
Avotone – The Bottomline
Avatone’s use of avocado oil and the avocado’s image in its branding create cohesion. However, the website’s lack of company information and questionable testimonials dampen impressions when under serious scrutiny and increases skepticism. Compared to the U.S. site, the UK/EU site’s additional guarantees and clinical trial information, albeit weak, suggest harder conversion rates for International consumers thus requiring an attempt to offer more sophisticated product details that reduces benefits to the US consumer. Additionally, its lack of revolutionary products may not be worth the price of purchase.
Top Wrinkle Creams
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self treatment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."