B. Kamins Eyelash Fortifier
B. Kamins Eyelash Fortifier – Overview
In 1997 with a maple leaf in his hand and in his product, Canadian pharmaceutical chemist and problematic and aging skin trailblazer Ben Kaminsky began targeting the growing market between prescription-only cosmeceuticals and traditional retail cosmetics with his B. Kamins Chemist brand. While enhanced beauty is the result, the B. Kamins Chemist brand focuses on skin conditions paying special attention to skin issues associated with extreme dryness and sensitivity plus hormonal changes. Without outrageous claims or false promises, it is Ben Kaminsky’s mission for B. Kamins Chemist to “successfully solve problematic and everyday skin conditions responsibly” with real solutions.
A white backdrop with a gray font and splashes of colors at BKamins.com creates the visual equivalent to chemist Ben Kaminsky’s mission for B. Kamins Chemist brand. Somewhere between a clinical presence and that of the artistic cosmetic websites, B. Kamins suggests clear and honest products to promote the skin’s health and beauty. The primary menu bar leads visitors to the company info, news, employment and contact pages.
Immediately below, the secondary info bar categorizes its links by product purpose and skin issue. Besides a link to the Canadian version of the site, BKamins.com uses flash images of its products and a vertical banner with inset video clips of TV segments to highlight the brand’s hottest products. Two rows of popular products with their award badges as well as kits, books and links to the founder’s story, the spa benefits page and descriptions of B. Kamins’ unique main ingredients complete the website.
B. Kamins Eyelash Fortifier – Product Description
B. Kamins Chemist products stand apart due to the brand’s three unique and exclusive ingredients. With the tagline, “Gentle Cosmeceutical skincare: Scientifically formulated …with some help from Mother Nature” B. Kamins’ key products include following trademarked ingredients:
- Bio-Maple™ compound which acts as a moisturizing, anti-oxidant.
- Episphere-Blue™ which is a small time-released capsule of Vitamin E.
- Profusion Ceramide™ which is a tiny biological skin-plumping molecule that smooths out fine lines.
Chemist B. Kamins and all the long lash seekers scrambling for eyelash enhancers would agree that short, stubby lashes is a skincare issue. As such, within the Moisturize & Masque section of the B. Kamins website, the brand dedicated to real solutions offers a $90 tube of B. Kamins Eyelash Fortifier. Marketed as an enhanced lash and brow conditioner, B. Kamins Eyelash Fortifier pumps thinning lashes and brows with a revitalizing complex that contains peptides, plant extracts and vitamins to protect lashes from the environmental factors that cause breakage. This formula results in thicker, fuller and more youthful lashes and brows.
The brand website labels B. Kamins Eyelash Fortifier as a new product which may explain the lack of testimonials, results photos or third party reviews. The one review found indicated that while using B. Kamins Eyelash Fortifier did result in longer lashes they were not gain any volume or thickness.
B. Kamins Eyelash Fortifier – Advantage
- At $90, B. Kamins Eyelash Fortifier is cheaper than most other products in the same category.
- The one review found was positive.
B. Kamins Eyelash Fortifier – Drawbacks
- The brand website lacked result photos, an ingredient list, and clinical research.
- Third party reviews were nearly non-existent.
B. Kamins Eyelash Fortifier – The Bottom Line
While the reputation of B. Kamin Chemist appears promising due to the media attention and its availability in spas, the effectiveness of its Eyelash Fortifier is hard to measure. With no ingredients list, result photos, testimonials and one third-party review, B. Kamins need to provide more product information to satisfy discerning customers who no longer blindly part with their money.
Our Top Eylash Enhancing ProductsDuring our research, the skin care specialists we consulted provided useful tips that contribute to achieving and maintaining beautiful, healthy eyelashes, including the following:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to removing any makeup that you have applied both mascara as well as eye shadow prior to bedtime;
- Eating a healthy diet that contains milk and fish can help strenghten eyelashes;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day