Bags under You Eyes – What Are Some Treatments for Bags under the Eyes?
If you are one of the many people who have bags under your eyes and are looking for a product to help remove them, you are not alone. There are many causes of bags under your eyes, including heredity, lifestyle, aging and certain medical conditions. No matter the causes, there are many products to choose from to help you reduce or even eliminate the bags under your eyes. There are many products over the counter as well as other treatment you can try to help you take care of the bags under your eyes and look your very best each day.
Treating them at home is an option if the bags under your eyes are not severe. Things like cold compresses and sleeping with your head raised can both help reduce the bags under your eyes. There are also other things you can do at home to get rid of bags under your eyes, such as treating any allergy symptoms and getting enough sleep. Using common items from your kitchen can help too. Placing cucumber slices, potato slices or tea bags under the eyes is also a good way to help reduce the bags under your eyes naturally.
Eating a good diet also helps reduce the bags under your eyes. Eating plenty of fresh fruits that contain water help keep the body hydrated, which is essential to combating bags under your eyes. Fluid retention is a common cause, so reducing salt and drinking plenty of water is a great way to reduce the bags under your eyes. Any of these at-home remedies along with lifestyle changes, such as stopping smoking and reducing alcoholic beverages, can go a long way to helping to reduce bags under your eyes. However, there are some who have stubborn bags under the eyes and need more help.
There are surgical treatments for you if you have tried over-the-counter creams, lifestyle changes or home remedies and still have no luck reducing the bags under your eyes. Chemical peels and laser resurfacing are both used to treat wrinkles, but are also effective treatments for bags under your eyes. Eyelid surgery, known as blepharoplasty, is also an option for you if you cannot get rid of the bags under eyes. This type of surgery removes excess skin and fat from around the eyes to help remove the bags under your eyes. While bags under the eyes do not require surgery, it is an option for those with severe eye bags.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.