Bahi Cosmetics TONER WATER Review: Is This Safe To Use?
Toner Water Overview:
This Toner Water from Bahi Cosmetics is made with ingredients like rose petals that ideally reduces acne blemishes, prevent breakouts, and provide nourishment and balance to the skin. This moisturizer review will hopefully help you assess if you can benefit from this product.
About Toner Water – Does It Really Work?
The Bahi Cosmetics TONER WATER comes from a line of beauty products that includes a clay mask and a Sunflower Sweet serum from a company that focuses on targeting the skin issues of women of color. Bahi Cosmetics was officially launched about a year ago in 2016 by makeup and artist licensed esthetician Danielle Bahi.
The inspiration behind the company is Danielle’s observation that colored women are often placed under a single category by most brands when they also have different specific skin issues and needs. So, she decided to create products that really caters to everyone.
They made their own version of products inspired by famous brands such as Peter Thomas Roth & Farmacy Tatcha, Sunday Riley, and Caudalie. They made the products much more affordable and acidic free.
The owner of Bahi invested in personal research, aesthetics, and a familial support system from both dermatologists and herbal doctors that encouraged her to focus on cruelty-free and natural skincare formulas. She believes in what her Grandmother Bahi taught her: if you cannot pronounce the name or purchase an ingredient from a normal store, it should not be used on your skin.
Though the process took years of experimentation, the experts behind the brand succeeded in testing and developing products for all skin tones, shades, and types. Their mission is to make natural and effective ingredients the norm so that they can provide high-quality products at a reasonable price. The company claims that the toner water has the following benefits:
- It is 100% handmade and vegan.
- It is paraben- and cruelty-free.
- It performs very well on all skin types and colors.
- It does not contain any harmful ingredients or potential irritants.
- Moisturizes the skin and unclogs the pores.
- Helps reduce and prevent acne breakouts.
- Balances the skin.
- Gentle and ideal for sensitive skin.
What Are The Ingredients In Toner Water?
The different Toner Water ingredients found in this formulation and their benefits are listed below:
- Rose water: It is an anti-inflammatory agent that helps in the reduction of redness, irritation, dermatitis, acne, and eczema. It also serves as a great cleanser by helping in the removal of accumulated dirt, makeup, and oil inside clogged pores. It also has therapeutic effects that aid in reducing stress, relaxing the body, and giving the skin a healthy glow. Its moisturizing effects also helps draw and lock moisture into the skin, leaving it smooth. The sugars in the rose petals can also provide a soothing feeling.
- Cold-pressed unrefined essential oils: These essential oils are rich in fatty acids and vitamins that help fight acne scars, marks, blemishes, and wrinkles. They also have anti-inflammatory and moisturizing properties.
- Cucumber: While cucumber is mainly water, it also contains caffeic acid and ascorbic acid or Vitamin C, which both help in reducing inflammation and soothing irritation. It also has antioxidants and a cooling, refreshing effect, leaving the skin rejuvenated.
- Thymus vulgaris or Thyme: This herb is also recognized as beneficial for the skin with its ability to gently reduce oiliness, skin marks, and scars.
- Charcoal: Activated charcoal helps draw out impurities like makeup, chemicals, dirt, oil, bacteria, poison, and other small particles from the skin to help you achieve an acne-free and flawless complexion.
Directions To Use:
After cleansing the face thoroughly with a gentle face wash, pat it dry with a soft, dry, clean cloth. Put a small amount of Bahi Cosmetics TONER WATER on a cotton pad and wipe it in an outward and upward direction, avoiding the eye area. You will notice dirt and impurities on the cotton. Repeat doing this until the cotton comes clean. Do this twice a day. Follow with a serum, moisturizer, or night cream.
- Moisturizes the skin.
- Gently cleanses and unclogs the pores by removing dirt, dead cells, oil, bacteria, and impurities.
- Comes in a clear glass spray bottle for easy application.
- Handmade and vegan.
- Helps balance the skin.
- Help reduce, heal, and prevent breakouts.
- Gentle enough for sensitive skin.
- Reduces excess oil and sebum production.
- Does not elicit noticeable or very dramatic effects on the skin.
- No available written, comprehensive, and complete reviews available online.
- It is difficult to identify whether the positive effects come from just the toner or from its combined effect with the clay mask and serum.
Does Toner Water Have Any Side-effects?
There are currently no clinically reported Toner Water side effects. However, because the company and its products are just relatively new and due to the absence of reliable customer reviews, it is hard to confirm and ensure this. Also, although the limited information available seems to be generally positive, long-term effects are yet to arise in the future.
While this rose petal Toner Water from Bahi Cosmetics promises great things and benefits for the skin, there are almost no reviews to back the company’s claims. Aside from the few videos about the product, there is no other way to prove if it really does work.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion: