Banana Boat Aloe Gel Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review & more
What is Banana Boat Aloe Gel?
This product is brought to you by Sun Pharmaceuticals, LLC, a US-based skin care company that has been managing Banana Boat, one of the first and most trusted brands when it comes to sun care for the whole family. Banana Boat products are specifically formulated to protect, relieve and retrieve skin from damage and aging caused by UVA and UVB rays.
Banana Boat Aloe Gel, US $6 for a 16 fl. oz. bottle, This is sunscreen for an after-sun care formula that relieves your skin from early signs of photoaging.
Banana Boat Aloe Gel — Does It Really Work?
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver for you the following benefits:
- Relieve your skin from the heat and immediate damage that follows after a sunburn or, a prolonged sun exposure.
- Gives your skin a dramatic moisture and nutrient boost to help restore your skin’s dewiness, softness and smoothness.
- Promotes faster repair of sun-damaged skin.
- Provides immediate soothing relief to sunburned skin.
What Are The Ingredients In Banana Boat Aloe Gel?
- Aloe: Promotes faster skin healing as it supports your skin’s natural mechanisms for repairing and treating damaged skin.
- Glycerin: A powerful emollient that dramatically increases your skin’s moisture content.
- Benzophenone-4: Provides your skin with a UV shield but, one which has the ability to deeply penetrate your skin and cause it to become more prone to sun damage.
- propylene glycol: is used as a moisturizer to treat or prevent dry, rough, scaly, itchy skin and minor skin irritations but at same time the ingredient can inhibit skin cell growth and damage cell membranes, causing rashes, dry skin, and surface damage.
How to Apply Banana Boat Aloe Gel
- Banana Boat Aloe Gel must be generously applied on freshly showered skin right after being exposed to damaging UV over a prolonged period of time.
- This product has been deemed safe for use on the face but, should not be applied anywhere near your delicate eyes.
Benefits of Banana Boat Aloe Gel
- Banana Boat Aloe Gel is also available in a non-SPF variety which you can keep applying on your skin even at night.
- This product has been around for a long time and has built a great track record for use as after-sun care.
Disadvantages of Banana Boat Aloe Gel
- User reviews indicate that this product may cause a burning sensation to the skin and, possibly, an irritating after effect.
Does Banana Boat Aloe Gel Have Any Side Effects?
Based on the ingredients and reviews, the following side effects may be experienced when using Banana Boat Aloe Gel:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including drying alcohol and artificial colorants.
- Increased risk for permanent skin damage due to alcohol and triethanolamine.
- Increased risk for developing various forms of cancers due to Imidazolidinyl Urea which releases formaldehyde, a carcinogen, as a by-product.
- Increased photosensitivity due to Benzophenone-4.
Final Verdict- Banana Boat Aloe Gel
Banana Boat Aloe Gel contains aloe, but also additives and preservatives. The worst ingredient that you can find in a sunburn repair solution is alcohol and, yes, it will sting. It’s always best to check and compare with other options.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion: