Banish Dry Winter Skin With These 3 Body ScrubsAdvertising Disclosure ?
Exfoliation does wonders to your face, so there’s every reason why it should work just as marvelously for your body. While you’re at it, it’s time to find out the body scrub that, not only gives you the best benefits you can get from a scrub but also, one that you can enjoy the most. It’s time to exfoliate and spoil yourself at the same time!
If you had to choose just one special skin treatment you can reward your skin with periodically, it’s exfoliation. Get it from your spa or skincare clinic for maximum relaxation and rejuvenation. You know, for maximum savings, you can always do it yourself with simple DIY pointers farther down this write up.
Benefits of Body Scrubbing
Whatever the season, and no matter how harsh the dry, chilly winter winds are, it’s always the perfect time for a soothing, stress busting skin exfoliating body scrub – here’s why:
1. Body Scrubbing Eliminates Dead Skin Cells: Your skin has a natural rhythm for skin cell turnover to happen, and while dead skin cells remain floating on your skin, young skin is unable to surface. By body scrubbing, you are stimulating your skin to get the wheels of skin repair and rejuvenation turning.
2. Body Scrubbing Helps Unclog Pores And Clear Skin From Blemishes:Body scrubbing also thoroughly and deeply cleanses your skin to rid it of excess oils, makeup residues, dirt, dust and other skin impurities. This way, skin infections that cause pimples, acne, blackheads and whiteheads are prevented.
3. Body Scrubbing Improves Skin Moisture: How? The abrasive nature of body scrubbing instantly sends a message to your skin’s deeper layers to turn up the production of collagen, elastin and other skin precursors on overdrive. This action likewise, instantly makes your skin smoother, softer and more supple to touch. Add to that, scrubbing also preps your skin to receive and absorb more efficiently and effectively skincare products that are formulated to moisturize and treat skin damage.
Body Scrubbing for the Winter Weather
Just because the chilly winter winds are making your skin dry out, that does not mean that you should be avoiding body scrubs. This is because no amount of moisturizers can prevent your skin from drying out and help lock in moisture without prepping your skin to absorb the added hydration provided by your moisturizer- and that, you can achieve only by body scrubbing.
One of the most recent innovations addressing your special skincare needs during the cold winter season are thermal scrubs. These scrubs are specially formulated to be self-warming, that is, they release heat in contact with water on your skin. Eliminate dead skin cells in winter to avoid bacterial infections and stimulate skin to produce and surface newer, younger skin.
The body scrubs to beat remain to be the ones you can make right from the comfort and convenience of your home. These are often made with rough ingredients that can slough off dead skin cells effectively and yet gently at the same time, causing just enough abrasion on the skin to stimulate skin renewal without leaving any permanent, non-reversible damage on your skin.
Check out these three DIY body scrubs to help you beat dry, chapped and dull skin in winter.
1. Vanilla, Shea Butter And Sugar Body Scrub
Indulge in the innately sensual, pleasantly candied scent of a body scrub mixture that combines vanilla, shea butter and granulated sugar. Use about a cup of shea butter or approximate a cup if you have it in bar. If you have shea butter in bar, you will have to melt it in a pot and let it cool until lumps can be formed. Add in a few drops of the essence of vanilla, as much as you desire. Pour in about a cup of granulated sugar, the coarsest that you can find, and give it a quick toss.
2. Coconut Oil and Whole Oats Scrub
Coconut oil is one of the best natural emollients as its fat and lipid content closely resembles skin’s makeup and structure. This means that the skin can easily absorb and readily use coconut oil – whether the common or virgin types – to up its lipid source necessary in building the natural skin barrier and keeping moisture locked in.
3. Honey and Sea Salt Scrub
Love how your favorite treats like popcorn and ice cream taste sweet and salty? Well, it’s also the perfect skin food to scrub and moisturize your skin at the same time – plus, you’ll love how this DIY scrub makes you smell yummy too! Simply combine about half cup of honey and half cup of the coarsest sea salt you can find.
Prepare the above mixtures only when you are just about to take a shower to prevent the abrasive ingredients from dissolving into the liquid ingredients. Using the above DIY body scrub recipes, you may always substitute abrasive ingredients with sea salt or coffee grounds. Substitute oils and moisturizing ingredients with any of the wide spectrum of essential oils available or, for easier access, use any massage oil as carrier.
You May Also Like: 8 Winter Makeup Tips for Super Dry Skin
Indulge in the heavenly goodness of a body scrub – don’t let winter spoil this treat!