Belif Moisturizing and Firming Eye Cream: Is this Cream Effective?
Belif’s Moisturizing and Firming Eye Cream is an anti-aging cream that is meant to make eyes bright, soft, and firm. It does so by harnessing the powers of a large quantity of natural oils like macadamia nut oil, cupuacu seed butter, and various other fruit, leaf, and root extracts that work together to gently firm, moisturize, and revitalize the delicate skin around the eyes.
Belif products combine traditional apothecary herbal supplements derived from formulas by a famous medical herbalist in the 1800’s with modern Korean skin science to deliver unique, effective skin products.
Though the product has an official site, the manufacture does not sell it directly. It can be purchased at major retailers like Sephora for $48.
- Cyclopentasiloxane: conditioner
- Cetearyl Polyglyceryl-10 Behenate/Eicosadioate
- Acrylates: copolymers with acrylic acid
- Dimethicone: silicone
- Portulaca Oleracea Extract: plant
- Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter
- Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate: conditioner
- Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil
- Jojoba Esters: plant
- Polymethylsilsesquioxane: silicone
- Hydrogenated Lecithin: essential fat
- C12-16 Alcohols
- Palmitic Acid: fatty acid
- Arachidyl Alcohol
- Beta-Glucan: bacterial sugars
- Methylpropanediol: solvent
- Polyglutamic Acid: polymer
- Macadamia Seed Oil
- Meadowfoam Seed Oil
- Cetearyl Olivate: emulsifier from olive oil
- Sorbitan Olivate: emulsifier from olive oil
Apply the cream twice daily by gently dabbing it around the eye with your ring finger.
- Reduce puffiness
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Restore vibrancy
- Soften and nourish skin
- No animal origin ingredients used
- Available through major retailers
- No documentation backing claims of the product’s effectiveness is readily supplied
- You cannot purchase through the manufacturer
Belif delivers an unusual eye cream product that harkens back to 19th century herbal system. Instead of packing the formula with synthetic collagen, the formula uses natural oils to firm skin for a smoother, brighter eye appearance that works to erase wrinkles and leave skin touchably soft.
The full ingredient list is provided, and it backs the company’s claims that it uses animal-free ingredients and does not contain synthetic preservatives. However, no documentation demonstrating the effectiveness of this formula and its results is readily supplied. However, the company does claim that it is dermatologist and ophthalmologist tested.
The cream is not available directly through the manufacturer but can be found through major retailers like Sephora.
There are many anti-aging eye cream products available on the market, so please consider all options before making a purchase.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.