Bepanthen Stretch Mark Cream Review: Is It Safe And Effective?
Bepanthen Stretch Mark Cream Overview
Bepanthen Stretch Mark Cream, available for a price of USD 55.04 for a 5 fl oz (130 ml) tube), is marketed as a rich and nourishing stretch mark cream that can deliver the care that your skin needs during pregnancy and even after giving birth. If you don’t want to get stretch marks, you should read this Bepanthen Stretch Mark Cream review!
About Bepanthen Stretch Mark Cream – Does It Really Work?
Bayer, the manufacturer of Bepanthen Stretch Mark Cream, is a German multinational and pharmaceutical company that has been in the industry for more than 150 years. The company’s core competency lies in the area of health care, and now they are trying to expand their reach by tapping into the skin care industry.
According to the manufacturer, here are some of the things that the cream can do:
- Reduce the risk of having stretch marks.
- Maintain the softness, suppleness, and elasticity of the skin.
- Provide the special care that the skin needs during pregnancy and after giving birth.
- Support the skin barrier.
- Protect it from environmental and external influences.
This review will tell you more things about this cream!
What Are The Ingredients In Bepanthen Stretch Mark Cream?
Some of the Bepanthen Stretch Mark Cream ingredients are as follows:
- Panthenol: This is a provitamin of vitamin B5 and is used in skincare solutions as an excellent moisturizer.
- Centella Asiatica: More commonly known as Gotu kola, this extract has been popular in the skin care industry because of its ability to protect the skin from signs of aging. It is also rich in beta-carotene, amino acids and fatty acids that can nourish the skin.
Directions To Use
For best results, apply Bepanthen Stretch Mark Cream to the areas of the body that are prone to stretch marks. Massage it into the skin for about 2 -3 minutes twice a day. Do this routine all throughout your pregnancy.
- This is free of preservatives.
- The cream is hypoallergenic.
- It keeps skin supple and elastic all throughout pregnancy.
- The cream contains fragrance.
- There are no studies that can back up its claims.
- The product is expensive.
Does Bepanthen Stretch Mark Cream Have Any Side-effects?
There are no reviews that indicate that there are Bepanthen Stretch Mark Cream side-effects but since the product contains fragrance, there is a chance that you may experience skin irritation (dryness and redness) after using this product.
Bepanthen Stretch Mark Cream Customer Reviews
Below are some of the Bepanthen Stretch Mark Cream reviews that we have found online:
- “During my first pregnancy, I’ve tried almost every anti-stretch mark cream recommended by my midwife, doctor and all of the best sellers. I have personally tried bottles of Bio-Oil, Mum-to-be, Remescar, Palmer’s cocoa and Clarins. I have even gone to the extent of having fortnightly pregnancy massage by Clarins to prevent stretch marks.
Unfortunately, these ugly stretch marks started to creep out during my 2nd trimester! And I thought I could only blame it on family genes. This is my second pregnancy, and I first came across this newly launched stretch mark cream by Bepanthen while I was reading a magazine, so I thought why not give it a go, sounds promising! And indeed.., it is brilliant!! The formulation of the cream is just perfect! Its got a smooth and thick coverage that makes your skin feel its properly moisturized and yet it doesn’t leaves you with a greasy and oily finish! And the beautiful scent that comes with it simply compliment the product perfectly! The packaging of the product deserves some credit too! It comes with this pump dispenser that leaves you with a clean usage every time, hence you don’t have to deal with messy residue around the bottle! I’ve started using the Bepanthen while I was 10weeks pregnant, massaging onto bump twice a day.
I’m currently 6months+ pregnant and (touch wood!) Not a single stretch mark so far!! This is THE ONLY stretch mark cream that works for me, and I can’t stop recommending it to everyone!” – a Customer on Boots
- “I am 26 weeks pregnant and on my second tube of this cream. It has a nice texture and isn’t at all greasy despite being quite thick. I started using this after my 20-week scan and so far so good, no stretch marks so far although there is no way of knowing if this is the cream or just good luck. The one downside is that unless on offer it is pretty pricey and the tube doesn’t last long. I am on my second one now.” –Laurajane1 on Tesco
Bepanthen Stretch Mark Creamclaims to keep the skin supple, soft and elastic during the entire pregnancy period. However, it contains fragrance which has been associated with skin irritation.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Stretch Mark formulations on the market in our opinion: