What to Look for When Choosing the Best Eye Cream for Puffy Eyes?
When choosing the products for eye bags, remember to be selective when looking because the best eye cream for puffy eyes should be all natural if possible. Never opt for a product just because it is a well-known brand, as this does not always mean it is effective. Try to avoid products that contain harmful ingredients. The best eye cream for puffy eyes includes gentle ingredients and powerful antioxidants to smooth and tighten the delicate skin under the eyes. Because the under-eye area is more sensitive than the rest of the face, the best creams for this area do not contain chemicals that may be harsh and drying.
You should also take structure into consideration as well. Gels may make the best products because they absorb and dry quicker than the best eye cream for puffy eyes. Since puffy eyes may be have many causes, such as allergies, fluid retention, stress and hormone changes, the best eye cram for puffy eyes may not be in cream form because cream moisturizes and may add more moisture to the area causing more puffiness. If you are considering an all natural product, the best eye creams for puffy eyes contain mint and rosemary to help reduce puffiness.
Sun protection is another factor to look for in the best eye cream for puffy eyes, but do not use products that contain the same ingredients as regular facial moisturizers. The best eye cream for puffy eyes will have ingredients made especially for the under eye area, as it is more sensitive and prone to irritation than facial skin. Only clinically test eye creams are the best eye cream for puffy eyes because they do not contain any oils or fragrances that may cause the under eye area to become irritated and look worse.
Keep in mind when looking for the best eye cream for puffy eyes that there is no miracle cream to get rid of bags under the eyes, but there are products that do work well to reduce and in some case eliminate the under-eye bags. Not all creams are created equal and sometimes you have to pay a little more to get the best eye cream for puffy eyes. Look for the cream that does all you need it to. The best eye cream for puffy eyes may also help other under-eye problems as well, such as dark circles and wrinkles.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.