Look For Retinol And Vitamin K To Get Best Cream For Puffy Eyes
Some people are plagued with puffy eye each morning, while other deal the problem all day and not just upon waking. There are many different causes of eye puffiness, just as there are many different types of eye cream for puffy eyes, the best cream for you will depend on the reason for your under-eye bags. Allergies, water retention, lack of sleep and aging can all lead to puffiness under the eyes, and the best puffy eye cream will work to combat the problem with proven ingredients make specifically for the sensitive under-eye area without causing irritation or dryness.
For some the best puffy eye cream is an all natural product that contains vitamins, minerals and powerful antioxidants to help reduce the puffiness. This type of product works well for the bags that are due to aging and the skin lacking elasticity and firmness. Some of the best puffy eye cream products like Revitol Eye Cream contains all minerals and vitamins. If a product is claiming to be the best puffy eye cream and not contain either ingredient, it may not work as well as those that do. Retinol is an important ingredient to increase cell turnover and improve the appearance of the under-eye area.
Some types of the best puffy eye cream also conceal dark circles, which can make bags look worse. These creams usually contain retinol as well. Using the best puffy eye cream that contains retinol is effective, but also comes with some risk of side effects. Everyone’s skin is different so each user will react differently to the retinol. Some may experience dryness and irritation. However, when using the best puffy eye cream containing retinol, it is best to ease into its use and start out with the smallest amount and see how the delicate under-eye area reacts to the cream.
When using the best puffy eye cream, it takes some times before you will see results, so using other methods to help ease the bags in the meantime may be necessary. Along with using the best puffy eye cream, try placing cucumber or potato slices over the eyes for about 15 minutes each morning to help reduce puffiness. Cold compresses along with the use of the best puffy eye cream can also help ease puffiness before going out for the day or help ease them at night and soothe the eyes. Using these eye bag home remedies with the creams can help enhance results.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.