Best Under Eye Cream – Which Eye Cream is Best for You?
There are lots of under eye cream products out there, each of which is designed to fight a specific type of skin problem that occurs around the eyes. But which is the best under eye cream for you, and how can you get the best results? The answer depends largely on what type of skin problems you are experiencing around your eyes, and what the cause for these problems is. Here, we’ll go over a few of the more common skin problems that occur near the eyes, as well as what to look for in a product to ensure you get the best under eye cream for you.
If you suffer from periorbital dark circles, which are patches of dark skin that appear under or around the eyes, the best under eye cream for you is one that will gently exfoliate the skin without damaging the sensitive skin around the eyes. The best under eye cream for dark circles will include aloe vera or chamomile oil, because both of these ingredients are perfect for soothing the skin and restoring natural color and luster. To get the best under eye cream results, cream for periorbital dark circles should be applied once per day for at least two weeks, unless your particular product recommends otherwise.
For those experiencing periorbital puffiness, also known as eye bags or puffy eyes, the best under eye cream should help the skin get rid of excess moisture and tighten skin without irritating it. The best under eye cream for periorbital puffiness will have cucumber juice, which helps the body fight water retention. If you have sensitive skin, the best under eye cream should be very gentle in order to keep from being too astringent on the skin.
If you have wrinkles around your eyes, or if you have a combination of wrinkles, puffiness, and dark circles, the best under eye cream will be one that covers general skin care and is designed specifically for eyes. The best under eye cream for wrinkles should include rose oil and melon juice, which can help tighten the skin while also restoring a natural, healthy appearance. Using the best under eye cream products can help you reduce the appearance of dark circles, puffiness, and wrinkles within a few weeks. The best under eye cream products can also be used continually in order to prevent future problems with the skin around your eyes.
Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.