Bionic Face Cream Review: Does It Really Work?
NeoStrata Bionic Face Cream Introduction
NeoStrata Bionic Face Cream, US $59 for 1.4 oz., is an anti-aging cream that facilitates faster and more efficient skin renewal, and delivers visible improvements with every skin turnover.
What Does NeoStrata Bionic Face Cream Claim
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product can be depended on to deliver the following skin care benefits:
- Support faster skin regeneration, renewal, and turnover
- Exfoliates your skin to reveal a newer, younger skin layer
- Deliver anti-aging benefits that promote a more youthful skin health status and appearance
- Lightens dark marks and fades other hyper pigmentation issues to give you a more even toned skin
- Calm and soothe skin irritation even as it delivers anti-aging benefits
NeoStrata Bionic Face Cream Manufacturer’s Detail
This product is formulated and managed by Safoni, a French multinational company that also has business interests in the pharmaceuticals and global sciences industries. Under the Neostrata brand, a brand that was established in Canada, the company provides cosmeceutical products that marries skin care with plenty of the latest in scientific findings and breakthroughs. Neostrata caters to the anti-agin niche market.
Working of NeoStrata Bionic Face Cream
This product works by delivering the mild exfoliating agent, gluconolactone, to lift and eliminate damaged skin layer and draw out impurities stuck in your pores, actions which also enhance collagen production and hasten skin cell turnover.
NeoStrata Bionic Face Cream Ingredients
- Gluconolactone (8.0%): A polyhydroxy acid that delivers a mild exfoliation, even more gentle than that of AHAs like glycolic acid, this ingredient enhances your skin’s texture, promotes faster and more efficient cell regeneration and renewal, and preps your skin to better receive and optimize the use of other beneficial ingredients in this formulation
- Lactobionic Acid (4.0%): Promotes optimal moisture content within your skin, while simultaneously also enhancing the fairness and brightness of your skin complexion
- Arginine: Improves skin synthesis, raises your skin’s moisture content, and promotes brighter and more even skin tone
- Meadowfoam Seed Oil: Delivers a significant antioxidant boost, this ingredient also re-energizes your skin
- Algae Extract: Promotes better skin moisturization, this ingredient also supports skin healing and restoration of your skin’s naturally powerful capability to capture and lock in moisture
- Sodium Hyaluronate: Enhances your skin’s moisture levels by capturing water droplets from the surroundings and resting these on your skin’s surface which, in turn, gives your skin a comforting feeling of being well moisturized for a long period of time
NeoStrata Bionic Face Cream Pros
- This formula is pH-balanced to optimize the delivery of a wide variety of benefits that your skin can derive from the beneficial ingredients infused in this product.
- This product does not contain fragrance ingredients which have a very high potential for irritating your skin.
NeoStrata Bionic Face Cream Cons
- This product lists petrolatum as an ingredient, one that can potentially clog your pores, making this product not ideal for use on acne-prone skin.
- NeoStrata Bionic Face Cream reviews indicate that the formula does not easily absorb into your skin and, instead, forms a film over your skin surface that peels off in your sleep.
NeoStrata Bionic Face Cream Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including butylene glycol, triethanolamine, and chlorphenesin
- Increased risk for various forms of cancers due to PEGs
- Increased risk for irregularities in estrogen levels and disruption in organ functions due to parabens
- Increased risk for nerve and brain damage due to phenoxyethanol
- Increased risk for reproductive health related diseases due to EDTA
NeoStrata Bionic Face Cream must be applied every night, after cleansing and toning.
NeoStrata Bionic Face Cream reviews read:
- “Not easy to absorb. Peel off.” — Di Zhao on Amazon
- “This is the best moisturizer I’ve ever used. Even in the dry days of early winter, my face never gets dry and that is with using a Retinol product. A bottle lasts a month and that is using it morning and evening. Eventually, I have to cut the bottom of the plastic container to get every little bit out.” — Nuke Mom on Amazon
NeoStrata Bionic Face Cream instantly sounded promising when it claimed it can deliver anti-aging benefits without the irritation, a condition that has been accepted as a given. However, when half of this product’s long list of ingredients are toxic preservatives, it’s hard to think it can do so.
As we age the composition, texture and appearance of our skin changes. Signs of skin aging include wrinkles, fine lines, loss of moisture, uneven tone, and dull, tired-looking skin. There are countless anti-wrinkle creams on the market promising to make skin look and feel younger. Many anti-wrinkle creams promise everything short of a facelift or to provide the much sought after "fountain of youth". In reality most are just moisturizers marketed as anti-aging products.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.