Black Circles under Eyes: Discover 3 Leading Causes and its Treatment
Removing black circles under eyes is one of the main concerns of both men and women, although of course women are more annoyed and distressed with this problem. So who wants to wake up in the morning, gaze at the mirror and see those sparkling eyes, looking all good and fresh? Who wants to flaunt a natural look without spending hoursconcealing those black circles under eyes? Of course you do!
Everybody has imperfections all right? Black circles under eyes, however, must be taken more seriously than just a superficial beauty flaw. They can have big effects on the sufferer, making the body appear tired, ill and older even though the sufferer is well – rested. Hearing people every single day asking if you are stressed out or problematic because you seem to be in poor health is a bit annoying, isn’t it?
Because of this, many would go for make-up such as concealer and foundation to give a false look. This may work yet will not give long-term result. In order to address the problem well, it is best to consider the following factors:
Know the Causes Dark Circles Under Eyes
Dark circles under the eyes are usually caused by the thinning of the skin on that specific facial area. Sun exposure plays a key role why this thinning occurs, hence it is necessary to wear sunscreen protection especially when constant exposure to the sun is expected. If you think that facial moisturizer can protect the skin under the eyes from the harmful UV rays, well it won’t.
Constant Eye Rubbing
That’s right! Rubbing the eyes somehow relieves the itchiness and brings comfort but this gesture (worst, a mannerism) not only harms the eyes but also creates an unsightly change in the eye area. Black circles under eyes can be a long-term agony that may affect the sufferer physically and psychologically.
Can you imagine walking around feeling happy and great yet everybody else thinks you haven’t slept for days or you are sick because your face looks so pale and gloomy? Pulling your hand away from your eyes when they itch or feel irritated can spare you from those ugly black circles.
It is important to identify the allergens that must be avoided to prevent dark circles under the eyes from occurring, as well as to treat them. Seek help from your dermatologist if necessary. Vitamin deficiencies such as insufficient vitamin B12 and folic acid can also cause allergies. Take vitamin supplements to trim down any vitamin deficiency and regain health in no time.
Knowing the causes of black circles under eyes won’t solve the problem but they can give you a clearer understanding how to apply the proper remedies into your life. Using a good sunscreen lotion or cream, avoiding a few scratches on the eyes and dealing with your allergies may not guarantee immediate results; yet doing so can bring a big difference later on.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.