Bliss: Does Bliss Work?
Bliss All Around Eye Cream is an eye cream that seeks to reduce dark circles and puffiness, as well as strengthen the skin to avoid excessive pigmentation (which then leads to dark circles). Its main active ingredients are vitamins, collagen-boosting peptides and a variety of botanical extracts.
Based on the site’s cheeky copy and layout, this is an eye cream aimed more towards the youth market, but does boast “anti-wrinkle warriors”. Bliss is a well-recognized brand, but despite the misleading, bare format, an almost-hidden tab springs up testimonials, ingredients and application instructions. There’s unfortunately no info on clinical trials or how long before results are expected, and to what extent, nor are there any illustrative photos or videos.
The company Bliss was founded in 1996 in Soho, New York City, and was originally a single spa. There are now 8 locations worldwide (the site features a spa finder tool) and the UK has a separate website. As the company is well-known, they are easy to get in touch with and can be reached by email or telephone (their “Customer SerBliss” department), and there is an extensive FAQ section.
Bliss – Product Description
The main purpose of the cream is to brighten skin around the eye area, as well as moisturize and reduce puffiness and dark circles. The cream doesn’t contain any rebranded/optimized complexes, but rather a range of peptides that stimulate collagen production as well as several botanical extracts. Apricot and orange oils have moisturizing properties; grape seed oil is a natural astringent and skin tightening agent and blackcurrant oil reduces inflammation (i.e. the puffiness). This is an interesting balance of both traditionally synthetic and naturally-derived extracts, but without the typically patented formula of optimized protein complexes, this product might seem unexceptional when compared to alternatives.
The product costs $28 for a 0.5oz tube, and the site offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you purchase during your birthday month, you receive a “birthday discount”, but it’s not disclosed how much.
- Good mix of synthetic and botanical ingredients
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Bliss – Drawbacks
- Mostly negative online reviews, some stating the cream has a greasy texture
- Relatively high price for a non anti-aging cream
- No info on clinical trials or specific ingredients
Bliss – The Bottom Line
Bliss All Around Eye Cream is one of the few eye creams designed for young skin, with a lesser emphasis on anti-wrinkle treatment, but given that the treatment is ultimately just a specialized moisturizer, the high price of $28 would be difficult to justify were it not for the 30 day money-back guarantee. Since there is no recommended time frame for usage on the site, it’s hard to determine exactly how long it is before results are seen, or whether or not the results are instantaneous, which would suggest it’s just a superficially-working cream. The Bliss brand is well-recognized and trusted, but given its unremarkable nature it may be best to seek out a spa or counter and try the product out first.
Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.