Bondi Zinc Sunscreen Review: Is It Really Effective?
Bondi Zinc-bronze Introduction
Bondi Zinc-bronze, US $22.95 for 50 ml, gives you broad spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection with a very high SPF 50 shield from sunburn, and a potency that lasts for up to 4 hours, even when you are literally in the water.
What Does Bondi Zinc-bronze Claim
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product is capable of delivering the following benefits to promote your skin health even when your skin is exposed to UV:
- Give you highly effective sun protection that lasts up to 4 hours without the need to reapply
- Keep your skin protected from UVA and UVB even as you are involved in water sports activities
- Stay well protected from UV even after sweating profusely or while you are underwater for up to 4 hours since the time of your product application
Bondi Zinc-bronze Manufacturer’s Detail
This product is formulated and manufactured by an Aussie company, Bondi. Its products are formulated to suit the unique climate and other prevailing environmental conditions of Australia. As of the moment, the product appears to be largely marketed within Australia, with limited reach in other countries.
Working of Bondi Zinc-bronze
This product works by delivering high potency UV protection that is water-resistant and longer lasting than most other brands of sunscreen available in the market.
Bondi Zinc-bronze Ingredients
- Titanium Dioxide (57.4 mg/g): Physical sunscreen ingredient that shields your skin from UV by creating a physical barrier, like second skin, that comes between your skin and the sun
- Homosalate (85 mg/g), Octocrylene (35 mg/g), 4-Methylbenzylidene Camphor (15 mg/g), Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (40 mg/g), and Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzonate (30 mg/g): Chemical sunscreen actives that, when combined, give you broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection
Bondi Zinc-bronze Pros
- The manufacturer has a solid track record in formulating sunscreen products while consciously adjusting the design to stay responsive to the local environmental condition prevalent in Australia.
- This product provides water resistant sun protection which will not compel you to keep reapplying, and stay well-protected even when you’re out and literally underwater.
- The formula has been designed to provide up to 4 hours of continuous sunscreen protection, unlike most other sunscreens that only go as far as 2 hours only.
- This product has been specially formulated for women and men who spend long hours under the sun and for those who make outdoor sports their choice of sports or recreational activity.
Bondi Zinc-bronze Cons
- It appears that this product has limited distribution, not available in the US, and not nearly easily accessible even in other countries outside of Australia.
- This product is formulated with 4-Methylbenzylidene Camphor, a sunscreen ingredient that has not been approved for use on products distributed in the US because of the high risks that it poses over organ toxicity.
- Bondi Zinc-bronze reviews are practically absent, which makes it difficult to gauge general user sentiment about this product and how it has resulted to both satisfactory and unsatisfactory results.
- The full list of ingredients for this product has not been disclosed by the manufacturer.
Bondi Zinc-bronze Side Effects
Based on what has been disclosed by the manufacturer regarding this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including chemical sunscreen actives.
- Increased risk for endocrine disruptions and irregularities in estrogen levels due to chemical sunscreen actives which, time and again, have been demonstrated to affect estrogen with many having the potential to become passed down from mother to child.
- Increased risk for organ system toxicity due to 4-Methylbenzylidene Camphor.
Bondi Zinc-bronze must be applied on skin at least 15 to 30 minutes before going out into the sun. Reapply every 4 hours throughout the day.
Bondi Zinc-bronze is a high performing sunscreen. Despite its impressive potency, however, toxicity is a serious matter, most especially when it is made of 1 component that has not received approval of the US FDA.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion: