Bondi Zinc Sunscreen Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More
What is Bondi Zinc Sunscreen?
As per the manufacturer, Bondi Zinc-bronze, gives you broad spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection with a very high SPF 50 shield from sunburn, and a potency that lasts for up to 4 hours, even when you are literally in the water.
This product is formulated and manufactured by an Aussie company, Bondi. Its products are formulated to suit the unique climate and other prevailing environmental conditions of Australia. As of the moment, the product appears to be largely marketed within Australia, with limited reach in other countries. However, no substantial evidence is available to prove it is effective.
Table of Contents [Show]
- What is Bondi Zinc Sunscreen?
- Bondi Zinc Sunscreen – Does It Really Work?
- What are the Ingredients in Bondi Zinc Sunscreen?
- Benefits of Bondi Zinc Sunscreen
- Disadvantages of Bondi Zinc Sunscreen
- Does Bondi Zinc Sunscreen Have Any Side Effects?
- How to apply Bondi Zinc Sunscreen
- Final Verdict: Bondi Zinc Sunscreen
Bondi Zinc Sunscreen – Does It Really Work?
This product works by delivering high potency UV protection that is water-resistant and longer lasting than most other brands of sunscreen available in the market.
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product is capable of delivering the following benefits to promote your skin health even when your skin is exposed to UV:
- Give you highly effective sun protection that lasts up to 4 hours without the need to reapply.
- Keep your skin protected from UVA and UVB even as you are involved in water sports activities.
- Stay well protected from UV even after sweating profusely or while you are underwater for up to 4 hours since the time of your product application.
What are the Ingredients in Bondi Zinc Sunscreen?
- Titanium Dioxide (57.4 mg/g): Physical sunscreen ingredient that shields your skin from UV by creating a physical barrier, like second skin, that comes between your skin and the sun. However, it may cause skin irritation.
- Homosalate (85 mg/g), Octocrylene (35 mg/g), 4-Methylbenzylidene Camphor (15 mg/g), Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (40 mg/g), and Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzonate (30 mg/g): Chemical sunscreen actives that, when combined, give you broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection
Benefits of Bondi Zinc Sunscreen
- The manufacturer has a solid track record in formulating sunscreen products while consciously adjusting the design to stay responsive to the local environmental condition prevalent in Australia. However, according to customer reviews, it isn’t very effective.
- This product provides water resistant sun protection which will not compel you to keep reapplying, and stay well-protected even when you’re out and literally underwater.
- The formula has been designed to provide up to 4 hours of continuous sunscreen protection, unlike most other sunscreens that only go as far as 2 hours only.
- This product has been specially formulated for women and men who spend long hours under the sun and for those who make outdoor sports their choice of sports or recreational activity.
Disadvantages of Bondi Zinc Sunscreen
- It appears that this product has limited distribution, not available in the US, and not nearly easily accessible even in other countries outside of Australia.
- This product is formulated with 4-Methylbenzylidene Camphor, a sunscreen ingredient that has not been approved for use on products distributed in the US because of the high risks that it poses over organ toxicity.
- Bondi Zinc-bronze reviews are practically absent, which makes it difficult to gauge general user sentiment about this product and how it has resulted to both satisfactory and unsatisfactory results.
- The full list of ingredients for this product has not been disclosed by the manufacturer.
Does Bondi Zinc Sunscreen Have Any Side Effects?
Based on what has been disclosed by the manufacturer regarding this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including chemical sunscreen actives.
- Increased risk for endocrine disruptions and irregularities in estrogen levels due to chemical sunscreen actives which, time and again, have been demonstrated to affect estrogen with many having the potential to become passed down from mother to child.
- Increased risk for organ system toxicity due to 4-Methylbenzylidene Camphor.
How to apply Bondi Zinc Sunscreen
For best results, the manufacturer suggests that-
- Bondi Zinc-bronze must be applied on skin at least 15 to 30 minutes before going out into the sun.
- Reapply every 4 hours throughout the day.
Final Verdict: Bondi Zinc Sunscreen
Bondi Zinc-bronze is a high performing sunscreen. Despite its impressive potency, however, toxicity is a serious matter, most especially when it is made of 1 component that has not received approval of the US FDA. Also, this product do not offers money back guarantee.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Sunscreens
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."