Boots Expert Teeth Whitening Programme
Boots Expert Teeth Whitening Programme Overview
Although probably unfamiliar to most North Americans, Boots is the U.K.’s #1 retail pharmacy, selling a whole range of health and beauty products.
The Boots range includes their own ‘Expert’ brand, of which the tooth whitening kit is part of. The Boots official website provides information on all their products and has a separate ‘blog’ for each department. There is not a lot of information about the specific products, but the site does offer details on all the different aspects of dental care including teeth whitening and stain removal.
No customer testimonials are given on the site but there is a good, lengthy FAQ section. Also, consumers can e-mail questions to be answered by the Boots medical/ dental expert. Other parts of the site offer money off coupons and special offers although these may only apply to British customers.
While the site is very attractive and ‘animated’ it is not user-friendly and is extremely hard to navigate easily.
Boots Expert Teeth Whitening Programme – Product Description
As mentioned above, very little detailed information is provided regarding the Expert Teeth Whitening Programme. It is known to be a three-step system, but the manner of application, time of treatment etc. is not known. No ingredient list is shown although the product definitely does not contain peroxide as, unlike the U.S.A. this substance is not allowed in the U.K. In addition to this, Boots Expert Teeth Whitening Programme is one of the few systems that has been approved by the Cosmetic Product Regulators (an organization akin to the FDA).
The cost of the kit if ordered from the website is equivalent to approximately $50.00 and it can be shipped overseas to U.S. customers.
Boots Expert Teeth Whitening Programme Advantage
- Boots is a very established and trusted retail company
- The product contains no peroxide
- The product meets national safety standards
- The whitening programme has received generally good independent reviews
- The Boots website contains general dental health information
- The product will not harm or damage dental work (caps, veneers etc.)
- The site features a good FAQ section
Boots Expert Teeth Whitening Programme – Drawbacks
- No ingredients are listed for the product
- The item has to be shipped from the U.K.
- The Boots website is hard to navigate
- No customer testimonials are provided
- The product only whitens natural tooth enamel
- No application instructions are shown
- The length of treatment time is not known
Boots Expert Teeth Whitening Programme – The Bottom Line
Although we know that Boots Expert Teeth Whitening Programme contains no peroxide, no other information is provided to explain exactly how this product works, which is frustrating for the consumer. However, the brand does seem popular in the U.K. and most people would feel comfortable trusting a Boots brand product, despite not knowing more about it.
However, because there are likely products that are similarly as good in North America, there really is no reason to order this product from overseas and incur extra shipping costs.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Tooth Whiteners formulations on the market in our opinion: