What Is Burt’s Bees Citrus Facial Scrub?
“What you put on your body should be made from the best nature has to offer.” – Burt’s Bees stayed true to this simple idea from their first candles to the iconic beeswax lip balm that they have become very known for.
Their Citrus Facial Scrub is a blend of natural ingredients that includes oats, orange peel, ground almonds and ground spices with rose petals that is gentle enough for daily use to remove traces of excess oil, dirt and make-up. Although it may not be suitable for combination skin.
Burt’s Bees Citrus Facial Scrub- Does It Really Work?
This product works by cleansing your skin and getting rid of dirt and excess oil that may clog the pores. This makes you to feel fresh and rejuvenated. It also works by getting rid of dead materials from the skin, and keeping it moisturized all through.
What Are The Ingredients In Burt’s Bees Citrus Facial Scrub?
- Vegetable Glycerin– is a well-known sugar alcohol humectant that can be synthesized or obtained from natural sources. It also functions as skin protectant, and skin conditioning and viscosity decreasing agent.
- Sweet Almond Oil– is pale, straw-colored or colorless oil obtained from almonds, which is being used as a lubricant to give the skin a soft and smooth appearance.
- Almond Flour– is gluten-free flour from ground almonds that provides gentle exfoliation while nourishing the skin.
- Oat Flour– is a powder obtained by the fine grinding of the kernels of oats, Avena Sativa, which works as abrasive, absorbent, and bulking and viscosity increasing agent.
- Tocopherol– is a class of naturally occurring chemical compounds related to Vitamin E that is a naturally occurring anti-oxidant, as well as fragrance ingredient and skin conditioning agent. Although it may lead to skin rash.
How To Apply Burt’s Bees Citrus Facial Scrub
As per manufacturer guidelines:
- Mix a small amount of facial scrub with a drop or two of water then apply to cleansed face.
- Massage gently then rinse well with warm water.
- Follow with a favorite toner and moisturizer.
Benefits Of Burt’s Bees Citrus Facial Scrub
- It is a luscious blend of natural ingredients that exfoliates dead skin cells and leaves the skin fresh and moisturized.
- The exfoliator is gentle enough to be used daily.
- This product helps in reducing dead skin cells.
Disadvantages Of Burt’s Bees Citrus Facial Scrub
- Due to a combination of ingredient supply challenges and limited demand, Burt’s Bees discontinued their Citrus Facial Scrub.
- This product is not suitable for combination skin.
- This product is think in nature.
- This product may lead to skin breakouts.
Does Burt’s Bees Citrus Facial Scrub Have Any Side-Effects?
There product may cause skin break out to combination skin.
Final Verdict: Burt’s Bees Citrus Facial Scrub
Burt’s Bees may have a following of their own but their Citrus Facial Scrub may have been not a best seller in its category that due to ingredient supply challenges and limited demand, the seized production of the formula.
Although there are still some online shops that sell this product, it would be a gamble to purchase a discontinued product. Why risk when there are other exfoliating scrubs available in the market to choose from that are also gentle, natural and will keep the skin moisturized and hydrated – benefits and results similar to, or may be even better than, Burt’s Bees Citrus Facial Scrub.