Burt’s Bees Citrus Facial Scrub Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Customer Reviews And More.
Burt’s Bees Citrus Facial Scrub Overview
“What you put on your body should be made from the best nature has to offer.” – Burt’s Bees stayed true to this simple idea from their first candles to the iconic beeswax lip balm that they have become very known for.
Their Citrus Facial Scrub is a blend of natural ingredients that includes oats, orange peel, ground almonds and ground spices with rose petals that is gentle enough for daily use to remove traces of excess oil, dirt and make-up. A luscious facial scrub that will leave the skin fresh and moisturized as it exfoliates dead skin cells with its plant-based cleansing complex that is 99.96% natural. It comes in a 2 oz. glass jar for $23.99.
Burt’s Bees earth-friendly and naturally formulated line of personal products for men, women and babies made with all-natural herbs and essential oils are wrapped in packaging made with recycled materials.
Their online shop offers free standard shipping and a 30-day money back guarantee.
Burt’s Bees Citrus Facial Scrub- Does it Really Work?
This product works by cleansing your skin and getting rid of dirt and excess oil that may clog the pores. This makes you to feel fresh and rejuvenated. It also works by getting rid of dead materials from the skin, and keeping it moisturized all through.
What are the ingredients in Burt’s Bees Citrus Facial Scrub?
- Vegetable Glycerin – is a well-known sugar alcohol humectant that can be synthesized or obtained from natural sources. It also functions as skin protectant, and skin conditioning and viscosity decreasing agent.
- Sweet Almond Oil – is pale, straw-colored or colorless oil obtained from almonds, which is being used as a lubricant to give the skin a soft and smooth appearance.
- Almond Flour – is gluten-free flour from ground almonds that provides gentle exfoliation while nourishing the skin.
- Oat Flour – is a powder obtained by the fine grinding of the kernels of oats, Avena Sativa, which works as abrasive, absorbent, and bulking and viscosity increasing agent.
- Orange Peel Powder – is an absorbent from finely ground powder of the peel of Citrus Aurantium Dulcis.
- Rosebuds Powder – is powder made from dried rose petals that has delicate and fine consistency. It adds color and a distinct scent to the product.
- Pecan Shells – a beauty product additive from the shells of pecan nuts that helps exfoliate dead skin cells.
- Grapefruit Seed Extract – is a claimed natural antimicrobial extract of the seeds of the Citrus Grandis that acts as preservative and skin conditioning tonic.
- Glucose – is simple sugar used as humectant, and flavoring and skin conditioning agent.
- Nutmeg Powder – is from a popular delicate, slightly sweet spice that is said to possess innate anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Clove Powder – from aromatic flower buds of a tree in the family Myrtaceae, Syzygium Aromaticum, that is commonly used as a spice. It is said to help delay the process of aging and makes skin look bright and younger.
- Orange Oil – comes from the peel of the citrus sinensi orange plant that has limonene as one of its prominent ingredients that is especially considered as a powerful antioxidant that fights free radical damage and inflammation that can lead to various diseases.
- Fragrance – a combination of chemicals that gives the product its distinct scent.
- Rosemary Leaf Oil – is extracted from the flowering tops and leaves of the Rosmarinus Officinalis plant that functions as fragrance ingredient and skin conditioning agent.
- Glucose Oxidase – is an enzyme which catalyzes the oxidation of glucose to gluconic acid that works as stabilizing and skin conditioning agent.
- Lactoperoxidase – is an enzyme obtained from milk that functions as stabilizing and skin conditioning agent.
- Tocopherol – is a class of naturally occurring chemical compounds related to Vitamin E that is a naturally occurring anti-oxidant, as well as fragrance ingredient and skin conditioning agent.
Directions to use:
Mix a small amount of facial scrub with a drop or two of water then apply to cleansed face. Massage gently then rinse well with warm water.
Follow with a favorite toner and moisturizer.
- Burt’s Bees Citrus Facial Scrub is a plant-based cleansing complex that is 99.96% natural.
- It is a luscious blend of natural ingredients that exfoliates dead skin cells and leaves the skin fresh and moisturized.
- The exfoliator is gentle enough to be used daily.
- This formula is from a known earth-friendly brand of personal skincare products.
- Due to a combination of ingredient supply challenges and limited demand, Burt’s Bees discontinued their Citrus Facial Scrub.
- The exfoliator can no longer be viewed from the manufacturer website, however there are still retail stores selling the product.
Does Burt’s Bees Citrus Facial Scrub have any side-effects?
There is no report claiming this product has caused any harmful side effect.
Burt’s Bees may have a following of their own but their Citrus Facial Scrub may have been not a best seller in its category that due to ingredient supply challenges and limited demand, the seized production of the formula.
Although there are still some online shops that sell this product, it would be a gamble to purchase a discontinued product. Why risk when there are other exfoliating scrubs available in the market to choose from that are also gentle, natural and will keep the skin moisturized and hydrated – benefits and results similar to, or may be even better than, Burt’s Bees Citrus Facial Scrub.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Scrub Cleanser formulations on the market in our opinion: