What is Burt’s Bees Deep Pore Scrub?
As per the manufacturer, Burt’s Bees deep pore scrub is a natural product intended to cleanse, exfoliate, and nourish the skin.
It uses no harmful microbeads and is sold in plastic bottles made from 50% post-consumer content.
Burt’s bees started out by selling homemade hand salves and beeswax lip balms at local craft fairs, strongly believing in producing natural products that are both good for the users and the environment. However, according to reviews results are temporary.
Now, it has grown so much from there, but the company still stands by its belief. More than 95% of their products are manufactured right at their home plant in Durham, North Carolina while the rest is produced by other respectable manufacturers in the US.
The company’s goal is to create healthy, natural products and educate people about how these affect their well-being and the world that they live in.
They strive to make people’s lives each day by promoting the greater good and the good of the environment- all of these, naturally.
Burt’s Bees Deep Pore Scrub – Does it really work?
This pore scrub contains willow bark and ground peach stones to exfoliate your skin and clear your pores.
It is designed to improve the appearance and health of the skin through the use of natural ingredients that deeply nourish and cleanse your skin.
Burt’s Bees guarantees and claims that their product can help make your skin healthy and clear with its natural ingredients.
- Exfoliates and removes excess oil, dead skin cells, and dirt.
- Gently polishes the skin through the action of finely ground peach stones for improved, smoother complexion.
- Leaves skin naturally healthy-looking and with a refreshed, clean feeling.
- 99.9% natural with no petrolatum, phthalates, or parabens.
What are the Ingredients in Burt’s Bees Deep Pore Scrub?
- The Peach (Prunus persica) tree’s large oval stones: When finely ground, serve as great natural exfoliating agents that polish the skin for a clearer, smoother complexion.
- Willow bark: a natural source of salicylic acid, which works by removing excess oil, dirt, and dead skin cells, leaving your face deeply cleansed and nourished. However it gives dryness and peeling of skin.
- Golden seal: An antiseptic that seeps into the pores to control outbreaks.
- Hawaiian ginger and seaweed extracts: Helps stimulate the skin to improve its elasticity and replenish it with essential minerals.
Benefits of Burt’s Bees Deep Pore Scrub
- No harmful sulphates, phthalates, petrochemicals, or parabens.
- Helps reduce pimples and outbreaks. However, according to customer reviews, it isn’t very effective.
- Creamy texture moisturizes and nourishes dry skin especially in cold weather.
- Improves skin texture and complexion.
- Leaves skin feeling soft and clean.
Disadvantages of Burt’s Bees Deep Pore Scrub
- Not available in all countries.
- The exfoliants are too big and a little harsh especially for sensitive skin.
- Quite expensive.
- Can cause skin irritation.
- Has a hard time to remove makeup residues
Does Burt’s Bees Deep Pore Scrub have any Side Effects?
People who are allergic to bee by-products may experience an adverse effect, and allergic reactions since Burt’s Bees products contain beeswax, honey, royal jelly, and honey powder.
How to apply Burt’s Bees Deep Pore Scrub
- To use this product, wet your face and put a small amount at your fingertips.
- Apply and massage gently onto your face, avoiding the area around the eyes.
- Rinse thoroughly and pat your skin dry.
- Follow with a favorite Burt’s Bees face cream, moisturizer, or toner.
Final Verdict: Burt’s Bees Deep Pore Scrub
Burt’s bees deep pore scrub can help moisturize and nourish the skin with its natural ingredients.
Although, most users find that the exfoliants are too harsh and abrasive or not fine enough to actually reach deep into the pores for a thorough clean.
Also, there is no clear mention of any Return policy on the official website.