Can Eye Creams Prevent Wrinkles?
There’s no doubt that looking younger will become more and more challenging as you grow older. And once wrinkles begin to form around your eyes, getting rid of them can take a lot of time, patience, and work. However, it’s often easier to actually prevent wrinkles from occurring at all than it is to try to eliminate them when they arrive. As a result, spending just a few minutes looking at how eye creams prevent wrinkles may help you find that regular use of the right cream might be your best friend in the fight against aging.
There are plenty of eye creams on the market, and finding the best one is important. But understanding just how eye creams can prevent wrinkles is the first step, and one that will help you figure out which of these products is the best one for you to use.
Most eye creams begin by hydrating the skin. As the skin dries out it becomes much more prone to wrinkling. This is because it loses some of its suppleness which in turn makes it more likely to sag and wrinkle. A good eye cream that contains moisturizing agents could help to keep your skin hydrated and healthy and as a result help prevent the kind of wrinkling that occurs due to dehydration.
As the skin ages, it weakens and loses some of its resilience. Around the eyes, this leads to wrinkling. Replacing the lost collagen is the main way to give back some of the strength that the skin could lose, and the right eye creams work by providing ample doses of collagen building compounds to help the skin maintain its strength. When skin is kept strong and supple, it stands much less of a chance of developing the wrinkles that are so prevalent as we age.
And finally, eye creams help prevent the drooping, sagging, puffy bags underneath the eyes which can also lead to wrinkles. These bags – and many of the wrinkles around the eyes – are caused when the muscles and skin around the eyes become weak and are pulled downward by the fatty deposits around the eyes. Once again, the right eye creams can help prevent the sagging by strengthening the muscles and skin and keeping the fatty deposits held up firmly.
No matter your current age, it’s important to consider fighting against wrinkles before they start. While fine lines can be removed with the help of the right creams, major wrinkling usually doesn’t vanish as easily. A better option is to prevent wrinkles, and with the right eye creams on your side it’s something that is fairly easy to do.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.