Cane + Austin Prime & Protect Mattifying Primer ReviewsAdvertising Disclosure ?
Cane + Austin Prime & Protect Mattifying Primer with Broad Spectrum SPF 50, US $56 for 42.5 g, is a product that provides daily moisturizing and sun protection for your face, neck and chest. More specifically, this product is committed to deliver the following health and beauty benefits for your skin:
- Provide high potency sun protection using only safe sunscreen ingredient in the form of Zinc Oxide
- Provide added UV and free radical protection by boosting your antioxidant levels
- Continually strengthen your skin’s resilience to damage by rebuilding the surface layer
Cane + Austin is a brand founded by Dr. Craig Austin, a New York-based dermatologist, with a product line that heavily utilizes sugar cane, particularly for its glycolic acid content.
Cane + Austin Prime & Protect Mattifying Primer with Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Ingredients
- Zinc Oxide (16.2%): A physical sunscreen active consisting of mineral compound, that is non-toxic and effectively adds an additional layer to protect your skin from UV, unlike its chemical sunscreen counterparts that work by absorbing UV and transforming it to heat
- Ascorbic Acid: Revitalizes your skin cells to encourage optimal performance spanning from protective to repair to regenerative mechanisms
- Green Tea: Boosts this product’s antioxidant content, rendering added protection against UV but also protection from free radicals
- Ceramides: Help rebuild your skin’s protective outer layer to create a more resilient layer that better protects your skin from damaging UV and free radicals
Apply Cane + Austin Prime & Protect Mattifying Primer with Broad Spectrum SPF 50 at least 15 minutes before sun exposure and keep reapplying the product every 2 hours throughout the day, after getting wet or, following profuse sweating. Manufacturer advises to use a water-resistant sunscreen instead when you’re going swimming or, if you’re expecting to engage in activities that will make you sweat hard.
Cane + Austin Prime & Protect Mattifying Primer with Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Advantages
- This product is formulated for use on all skin types, safe for use on sensitive skin, and complements every shade of skin.
- Product formula is rid of toxic chemical sunscreen actives that have been demonstrated time and again to have disrupting effects on hormone functions
- Cane and Austin SPF 50 reviews have repeatedly praised the mattifying effect of the product on skin.
Cane + Austin Prime & Protect Mattifying Primer with Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Disadvantages
- This product is not water-resistant nor sweat-proof and is therefore not ideal for high performance use, requiring you to layer it or to replace it with a high performance sunscreen when you know you will be spending longer hours outdoors.
- This product contains menthol ingredients which can be severely irritating to your skin.
- Several Cane and Austin SPF 50 reviews have highlighted how poorly this product blended with makeup, and how its mattefied finish eventually soaked in grease as a result.
Cane + Austin Prime & Protect Mattifying Primer with Broad Spectrum SPF 50 provides fair levels of UV protection, antioxidant protection, hydration with some skin regenerating functions that is non-toxic and ideal for daily use. Where it severely falls short is in providing high performance protection when you need protection the most.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Moisturizers Products
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."