Careprost is a generic version of Latisse, a prescription treatment to help grow longer lashes, manufactured by Sun Pharma, India.
Careprost – Product Description
Careprost is a solution that works to increase the thickness, length, and darkness of eyelashes. It also aims to increase the amount of eyelashes being produced, to help create a more voluminous eyelash look. Within eight weeks, longer luxurious lashes will start to be noticeable, with intense results usually occurring in fourteen to sixteen weeks.
Careprost does not give an ingredient list, although we know that the ingredient bimatoprost is included. Bimatoprost is often used in prescription eye medicines for varying reasons. A list of potential side effects is given, ranging from dryness and visual disturbance to the permanent change of eye color that occurs slowly and may not be visually observed for several months to years.
Both customer testimonials and clinical studies are missing at this time.
- This is a generic version of popular eyelash enhancing product
Careprost – Drawback
- Currently there is very limited information with no purchase being available from the official website.
- The ingredient list is not available.
- A long list of potential side effects is given.
- Results are not permanent.
- Purchasing areas are very limited.
- It is only for upper lash use.
- There seems to be no way to contact the manufacturer.
Careprost – The Bottom Line
Right now there is no way to recommend Careprost with the amount of information that is presently missing. The only real advantage is that this product is a generic version of the popular Latisse product, however many women who are hesitant on trying Latisse may not want to try a product with the same long list of potential side effects either.
Top Eylash Enhancing ProductsDuring our research, the skin care specialists we consulted provided useful tips that contribute to achieving and maintaining beautiful, healthy eyelashes, including the following:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to removing any makeup that you have applied both mascara as well as eye shadow prior to bedtime;
- Eating a healthy diet that contains milk and fish can help strenghten eyelashes;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self treatment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."