Cause of Bags Under Eyes – Some Overlooked Factors
Bags under your eyes is one of those things that may simply arise from time to time, and could even be a constant issue that you’ll have to cope with. Figuring out the cause of bags under eyes is usually a simple matter, and most people are well aware that things like aging or not getting enough sleep can be a major cause of bags under eyes. But there are also many different things that can be a cause of bags under eyes and many of these issues are often overlooked by those trying to find the source of their bags. It pays to look more closely at these potential causes to ensure you’re doing all you can to eliminate the issue.
Allergies are a major cause of bags under eyes, and one that many people simply overlook. It may be an allergy to pets, seasonal allergies, or something similar but it’s important to take a closer look at the possibility that allergies are the cause of bags under eyes in your case. The allergies can build up sinus pressure which can serve as the main cause of bags under eyes, triggering the puffy and swollen look that so many people dread seeing. Consider your allergies when considering the cause of bags under eyes.
Exposure to the sun is also a cause of bags under eyes that most people don’t even consider. That’s because the truth of the matter is that while skin cancer and other UV dangers are often discussed, its status as a cause of bags under eyes is seldom mentioned. In short, shielding your eyes from sun damage is important since it can cause not only swelling, but the dark discoloration that so many suffer from when they have bags under the eyes. The sun is required for our existence, but could be a cause of bags under eyes as well.
Hereditary factors may be the main cause of bags under eyes as well. If your family has a history of bags under eyes then there’s a very good chance that genetics are the cause of bags under eyes. Don’t give up hope, however. That doesn’t mean that you can’t reduce and prevent the bags from forming, just that you may need to make much more concentrated efforts in order to have much success. Knowing your specific cause of bags under eyes will help you prevent and reduce them, so be sure you look at all the possible causes.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.